Keeps Getting Better

Start from the beginning

"I've got a gun, so if shit goes bad, do you know how to shoot?" Hannah whispers as we quickly hurry out of the alley way.

"What? No!" Well I did, but I wasn't sure what my so called friend had just got me into especially if she had a good feeling about tonight.

"Oh well. I'm sure it's not hard." She giggles. Her tiny purse can't actually be hiding a gun and wishing I'd had more, or maybe less tequila, loyally follow her onto the street and away from the crowds outside the bar. "We just need to go to the park."

"You owe me big time for this. I'm to young and pretty to die." We look at each other laugh, but I was kind of serious. I also never got to try- nope. I was not thinking about Aiden in what could end up being the last few minutes of my life.

"Ok. This is the spot."

We stop by a park bench that overlooks a lake. It's cold, but I'm feeling pretty hot from the bar and alcohol anyway so don't really mind. There is no one else around and ever the noise from the club and road has vanished. Our breath comes out in big misty clouds and without thinking about it, we inch closer together. It feels like we've been standing there for hours when we finally see someone coming from the darkness.

Every part of me goes on alert. Something isn't right here and as the figure gets closer I can't stop myself from thinking vampire. I have no idea where it even comes from as my encounter a couple of nights ago didn't make how to spot them any clearer unless they wanted to kill you.

"Hillary?" He asks, looking at me.

"That's me." Hannah steps in between us and takes out her phone, opening up an app for recording. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

The stranger is tall and lean, as pale as me in this light but that doesn't automatically make him a vampire. Maybe the reddish glint of his eyes does.

"You said you were coming alone." The man grumbles.

"Call me cautious. Now if you-" He hands her an envelope instead. "What's this?"

"Proof." He looks at me again, frowning slightly as he sniffs the air. "Now I want my money."

Hannah ignores the request, opening it to inspect what I think it photographs.

"What is this?"

"Footage off a camera nearby. Money. Now."

"I don't understand." She flicks through them. "What, what is he doing?"

"Just fucking pay me!" He yells and in the blink of an eye he's snatched her purse, and shoved her into me so we both fall roughly to the ground.

"Hey!" She screams, fumbling to get up Hannah stops as she looks around before offering her hand to help me up. "He's gone."

"He can't be gone he-" He was gone. "What were the photographs?"

"Nothing. I mean, it shows a guy killing the victims but I can't see how or anything. I think he kisses them after he's done it though. Freak." She picks them up from where she dropped them and passes the envelope over. "Glad I didn't have a gun. He could have used it against us"

I don't answer as looking at the photos I know exactly how the guy is killing them. In some shots, he's merely a blur, but there is no denying the killer is definitely a vampire.

"Let's get out of here." I decide, handing them back. She's already on her phone and doesn't take them.

"What a waste of time. I thought I was going to get some decent shit from this guy too, but good thing I left my actual purse in the club."