With horror, the truth slowly dawns on me.

The reason that I recognize this man is because he's one of the three Death Eaters that tortured me at Malfoy Manor.

"Course it is." A shriller voice chimes in from somewhere across the room. "The Dark Lord wanted her, here she is. He'll be fucking ecstatic."

The man in front of me bites his upper lip, and I feel repulsed. I want his hands off of me, and now.

Momentarily forgetting that I have common sense, I rip my face from his grip, and clamp down on the flesh in between his thumb and index finger with my teeth - hard.

"Fuck!" He exclaims, ripping his hand away from me harshly. "You're going to pay for that, little bitch."

He draws to his full height, reeling his hand back, and swings it across my face with a loud crack. My head is forced to the side, a sharp sting vibrating throughout my cheek.

I shouldn't have retaliated. If anything, all I did was make things much worse for myself.

Distantly, I hear what sounds to be shuffling towards the back of the room, and two other tall male figures appear in front of me.

The second - the one with the shrill voice - I recognize from my torture at Malfoy Manor, too. I know the man; he's psychotic, and my stomach is sent into a frenzy at the mere sight of his thin face.

The third man, however, I don't recognize at all. He has a stocky frame and a sickly yellow ponytail slicked onto the back of his head.

By now, I've managed to figure out that all three of the men are Death Eaters. My eyes flit towards my charm bracelet, and it suddenly feels like I can't breathe anymore.

"Well, looky what we have here." The second man says, his thin lips curled back into a sadistic smile. He draws his wand from his pocket, slowly trailing its sharp tip across my cheek. "You're a special girl, aren't you?"

"Amycus, don't get too excited. She may not know everything yet." The man with the blond ponytail says quizzically.

After examining me for another moment, the second man pockets his wand reluctantly. "Soon, though."

"We know a lot about you, Jennifer." The first man says. I've never heard one of them say my name before, and it sends a shiver traversing up my spine. "Maybe more than you're comfortable with. Maybe more than you know yourself."

He stands up, clasping his hands behind his back as he begins to pace in front of me slowly. "For starters, you have a spontaneous power. We aren't quite sure what it is, or what it does, or where it even came from, and we also know that you don't know any of that either, so don't pretend that you do. However, we do know that it's extremely powerful, and unlike anything we've ever seen before. In fact, it even killed one of our own Death Eaters." He chuckles to himself, although I doubt he finds any of this funny.

Suddenly, the man stops. He slowly turns to face me, and when he does, he's not looking at me anymore.

He's staring right at my bracelet.

"But, that's not the main reason why we're here."

I glance down at the metal on my wrist, and carefully try to tuck it underneath the restraint, as though if I hide it, he'll forget that it's there.