Seven Deadly Sins

Sighing I picked up more paint on my paintbrush and carefully spread the highlights through her hair.Ha! Finally done! I absentmindedly washed my paintbrush and set it aside while smiling at my painting. It was a project I had been working on for a day; a feverish hand to a passive canvas. It seemed like a something I couldn't paint, it also seemed that my sudden rush of inspiration had deserted me.

The painting was that of a large woman spooning a parfait into her hungry mouth while looking slyly out the corner of her eyes. Her dark hair curled alluringly around her shoulders and the pale pink dress she wore was to stretching at it's narrow seams. The background pictured a demolished banquet behind her; dark purple drapes and candles set the scene of a slightly macabre deserted celebration. In a fit of decadence I had painted red and gold swirls all along the outside of the frame. All this came to make the painting a show of over-indulgence and excess.

Turning my back on the painting I packed away my paints and washed my palette which I then stashed in my arts drawer. Washing my hands in the bathroom the water running a rainbow my stomach grumbled. "ha, finally lost your patience" I mumbled to my stomach smiling slightly. I dried my hands off and trotted down the hall to the kitchen. I then proceeded to make a particularly delicious (or so it seemed) Ham and cheese sandwich. Chucking the used utensils in the sink I finished the sandwich quickly. I was full but something made me turn and contemplate the making of another sandwich. I frowned and shook my head as if ridding my head of such thoughts.

I trudged down the hall and into my bedroom and flopped down on my bed. I turned my head to regard myself in the mirror. My blue-hazel eyes stared back at me under their full lashes .My slightly perky nose and soft jaw line I detested. My hair was a very dark brown that everyone thought was black, it was cut spiky and and I had a straight fringe that I constantly flicked out of my eyes. My lips were small but loved to smile and my figure was okay. It seemed I had only angular lines instead of curves.

My eyes were drawn towards my name written on a corner of the mirror "Evangeline "but my friends called me Ange. Smiling I turned to the picture I had just painted and thought:

"I hope mum and dad come home soon, damn their corporatelife"

"and Sam probably still hung over in his bedroom after Friday's "Monster" bash"

"God, I want more food even though I'm not hungry"

"Ah, Ange, Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins!" I giggled at this then turned serious.

"hmmmm it seemed like that needs to be remembered" I took a glance at my painting then looked away. For a few seconds I didn't realize it's significance then I whipped my head around to peer at the picture.

"Ha! Yeah! The perfect portrayal of gluttony!" I rushed over and found my permanent marker and wrote in old English cursive

"Gluttony "