chapter one

It all started when Cassandra's mother passed away. That night her aunt told her their families secret. She told her that the family had a curse. They were all witches and warlocks. Cassandra couldn't believe what she was hearing.

 “No we can't be. Mom never told me.” Cassandra said basically crying. Her aunt just gave her a hug and smiled at her.

 “That's what your mother said too when she found out.” The aunt replied.

 After her aunt left she was all alone. She ran to her room and cried. Cassandra still couldn't believe she was a witch. Right then and there she made herself a promise to never use her magic in front of people. She would keep it a secret. She would only use it to contact her family.

 “What will people think if they find out about my families curse? Will they kill me or make me leave the town?” Cassandra thought to herself.

 She only had one friend. Although they never really hung out much. Her friend lived 30 minutes away. The only time they talked was on the phone or on the internet. They rarely saw each other. Her friend was the only person who accepted her. Her mother never ever told her why no one accepted her. People always ran away from her. She never knew why but now she did. Then again it really hit her at school trying to hide her secret. She thought that some day it was just going to come out on accident.