Summary

Summary:

Yes, implementing all these changes and ideas will take time, but it's like polishing a rather smudgy silver spoon into something that will positively shine. The more effort you put in, the better the result, and the more people will admire it.

Let's do a quick recap. Watch for spelling mistakes, keep an eye on your quotation marks and punctuation, be unique in at least one area, remember your readers, and just have fun.

Yes, there will be corrections and critics, and possibly a few compliments, but many people who read it will enjoy it in silence. So don't worry if readers don't comment.

Story writing.

The easiest way to explain it is to say: Let's take something simple and complicate it.
It is easier than you think, yet harder than you can possibly imagine if you try to master it.

Chances were the first book that someone ever read to you as a child had less than 20 words per page, yet it was still a story that could hold your interest. Sometimes simple is elegant. If you don't believe me, try getting a four-year-old to sit while you read any top-selling novel like Harry Potter or Twilight to them.

Admittedly, your readers are almost certainly older than four, but your writing skills are probably more advanced than what was in those children's books.

As you write, you will learn and grow, especially if you're trying to improve. I've gone back and edited my old stories several times to fix typos and bring my grammar up to my new-found levels. I was stunned at how far I had unknowingly come. As time goes by, when you look back, you'll also see how much you have improved.

The desire to learn and improve is key - and that is probably why you ended up in this book. This isn't the only resource out there – it's just one that I slapped together to cover the most common things I've seen new writers trip over, as well as to touch on things that I have learned during my time on Wattpad.

I wish you luck in all your writing endeavours.

I hope you found this guide helpful. If you liked these tips and want more, I highly recommend checking out zoe_blessing's How to Write Stories People Will Love.

Happy Writing!