"You know if you need anything, I gotchu you." he said seriously.

"I know but I think I'll be okay. I've been asking Tasha advice about being a mom." I was referring to Aaron's wife since they have a three year old together.

"I just pulled up to the house so I'll talk to you later." I didn't tell any of my brothers about someone breaking into my apartment because I knew they would freak out and I didn't fell like dealing with it.

"A'ight love you."

"Love you too." I hung up.

I walked in and saw Major in the kitchen cooking something.

"I didn't know you could cook." I spoke, making him turn around.

"I can do a lil somethin'." he shrugged.

"You feelin' better?" I stood next to him.

"Yeah, I'm straight."

"Don't fuck up my food." Major said when I started helping him.

"Shut up, I'm getting better." I playfully punched him in the arm. I was tired of everyone talking about me and my cooking.

"How's your sister and dad holdin' up?"

"My Pops ain't said much about it and my sister is cool. She didn't know our mom for real, she's more disappointed than hurt."

We stood there in silence as we both cooked. It was awkward silence more like comfortable silence.

"Taste it." he fed me a bite.

I had to admit it was good as hell.

"It's good, huh?" he smirked.

"It's okay." I lied.

"Okay my ass, you know this shit is good." he smacked his lips.

"Where's Tre?"

"He's upstairs talking to some girl." Major answered.

"I hope he doesn't turn into hoe." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, Tre's cool." Major assured me.

"When are we having this baby shower?" I was surprised he asked.

"Well, I don't know. I figured you would want to wait since-"

"Nah, I need something to get my mind off of this and I've been getting asked about it a lot lately."

"Um, okay, I'll let Nika know."

After the food was all done I called Tre down to eat and we all just watched tv while we finished dinner.

I looked at Major and Tre and then down at my stomach.

My family.

*****

I looked around at all my family and friends as we sat at my baby shower. Destiny and Anika did an amazing job. I was honestly surprised that Destiny was still up for doing it since her mom had just passed. I tried to convince her to just take it easy but she refused.

I checked on her the day after Major came back and she was sad but she said she figured her mother already passed since she was gone so long.

"You sure you're okay?" I squeezed Major's hand.

"Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry about me." he gave me a reassuring smile. He has been doing better these past couple of weeks and he's even talked about his mom a couple of times with me.

He explained that the man who kidnapped and killed  his mother was a enemy of his father.

The majority of the people were here but I was waiting on my brothers and mom, who always ran on CP time.