-27- Dealing with the Devil

Começar do início

Danny was a little confused by the information but nodded just the same, he thought he understood.

"What do we do now? How do I put myself back into one?" Danny asked, Clockwork nodded.

"Yes, that is the issue as of right now. Lots of pieces are at play, some with good intentions, some with bad. Currently your ghost half is having trouble with your, uh, dark side, so to say." Clockwork said, Danny froze up, he need to be put back together right now!

"But help is on the way, Martian Manhunter has come back with a friend, realizing that you are now in here. Something else is happening, but I can't see it." Clockwork trailed off.

They stood in silence for a few seconds, Clockwork seeing with his mind's eye some other scene taking place. He wore a frown, one of concern and a little bit of anger. He seemed finished as he opened his red eyes, looking down at his little halfa friend.

"You must be put back together again, Martian Manhunter will help you, he's already got your other half. You and your counterpart must go through the machine that separated you, through the opposite side, mind you." Clockwork said, still leaning on his staff for much of his support.

"What will you do?" Danny asked, having a feeling Clockwork wasn't coming with him.

"I have some unfinished business with that portal, the one I realize the GIW tried to use for their experiments. They will be sorely mistaken." Clockwork said with a dark look to the door of his cell.

"One more thing Danny before we part. Every ghost has a core, a burning desire within them that makes them a ghost. Your core is what makes all hero's heroes." He said cryptically, Danny frowned in confusion.

"What's that?"

"You are kind, your time with the GIW has made you meek and humble, never looking for a fight. But the moment your friends are in danger, the moment that evil has the upper hand your gentle words become harsh, kind hands become fists. The meekness inside of you takes a backseat as your desire to protect others above all else settles in front. That is your core. It is what makes you dangerous. Gentility does not equate weakness but knowing when to use strength, it is a protective quality." Clockwork said, gently pointing to Danny's chest.

Danny's mouth was a big O, he understood now, well, not all the way, but mostly. That's why he didn't freak out when Plasmius attacked, he felt obligated to protect Roy. That feeling oh so long ago in Bruce's kitchen when he first met Dick, concerned not for himself but his family. Every other time he freaked out was when he didn't have anyone to protect, so he had protected himself in a very odd fashion, resulting in the vision things Clockwork already explained.

But now that he had that information, what would he do with it? It had to be relevant, Clockwork was too smart to blatantly give away information.

Clockwork smiled as he saw the information settle with the boy, he straightened and drew a big circle in the air with his staff.  A huge clock formed and Clockwork said one last piece of advice, "I will not be far. Don't hesitate to ask for help, for asking for help is never a weakness."

Clockwork entered his time portal thing Danny didn't have the name of and the light was gone. Leaving Danny in the cold room alone. He looked to the wall he had phased through before, he had to find Martian Manhunter and his other half quickly.

A new feeling of determination filled him, now he knew why he was feeling this way. He had to protect the other ghosts from the GIW, including his family and the other heroes. They didn't know how to fight the GIW, Danny did, it was an obvious choice.

Danny was going to put an end to the GIW.

-0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0-