The Beast Below - The Dungeon

Začať od začiatku

Amy ad Mandy come to join me at some point as the Doctor works, and I sit now leaning against Amy as she strokes my hair softly, comforting me as she knows I still feel terrible. I feel helpless as I watch him running around turning knobs and flipping switches. It was almost like watching him fly the Tardis, only he had a depressed look on his face now. I look over to a door as it opens to see three children walk in, Mandy looks too and seems to recognise one and she approaches him and begins to talk to him, I start to sit up once I see the tentacle behind her flail as if it's going to attack her but it doesn't, it taps her on the shoulder. I stand up and approach it slowly as the two children stroke the tentacle, it cringes away once I'm stood behind them but I reach my hand out to touch it too and it comes back letting me stroke it. "You're just a big sweetheart, aren't you?" I ask as the three of us stroke it. "Oh my God." I state as I suddenly realise something. I start remembering different things people have said through the day and everything starts to make sense.
"Come on , use your eyes. Notice everything. Notice everything." I remember the Doctor telling Amy and I.
"Our children screamed. It came, like a miracle." Liz had said on the clip of her talking about the Star Whale.
"Just me now." The Doctor's the last of his kind.
"The last of its kind." The Star Whale's the last of its kind.
"Is this how it works, Doctor? You never interfere with other peoples or planets." Amy had asked the Doctor as they left me to find Mandy.
"Children screamed." The children were screaming as Earth was burning and then I remember how Amy finished the sentence.
"Unless it's children crying."
"It won't eat the children." Hawthorne had said, the Star Whale won't eat the children.
"Then it came, like a miracle. The last of the Star Whales."
"Oh my God!" I yell this time and Mandy and the boy, Timmy I think Mandy said his name was, look at me in surprise. "Doctor, stop!" I shout running up to Liz. "Do you trust me?" I ask her quietly. She hesitates a moment.
"Yes." She says. I smile a little before looking to the Doctor again as what I called to him caught his attention and he stopped working.
"Whatever you're doing, stop it now!" I shout at him but he doesn't so I announce what I'm doing. "Sorry, your majesty. I'm going to need a hand." I say to her dragging her to the abdicate button.
"What are you doing?" She asks, worriedy.
"You said you trust me, so trust me." I say as the Doctor start shouting.
"Mackenzie, no! No!" He yells running over to us as I look to Liz she nods hesitantly letting me slam her hand down on the abdicate button. There's a roar and the ground starts to shake. Amy comes up behind me.
"Kenz, why did you do that?" Amy asks.
"Mackenzie, what have you done?" The Doctor asks as the shaking stops and he stands up.
"Nothing at all." I tell him and they look at me confused. "Hawthorne, what do that stats say?" I ask waiting and hoping for the answer I'm expecting.
"We've increased speed." He says surprised everyone looks back to me.
"Yeah, well, you've stopped torturing the pilot. That's got to help." I tell them, Liz walks over to the hole that revealed the brain.
"It's still here. I don't understand." She says looking down at the brain. I look to the Doctor to see him watching me with an expression I couldn't read. I look back to Liz.
"The Star Whale didn't come like a miracle all those years ago. It volunteered. You didn't have to trap it or torture it. That was all just you. It came because it couldn't stand to watch your children cry. What if you were really old, and really kind and alone? Your whole race dead. No future. What couldn't you do then?" I turn to look at the Doctor again and he looks at me full of emotion, so many emotions. "If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand there and watch children cry." I explain to them all. Amy wraps me in a hug.
"I'm so proud of you." She says, her voice muffled by my cloak. I look over to where the Doctor was stood expecting to find him there, but he was gone. I pull away from Amy and look at the spot sadly.
"Do you still think he's going to send me home?" I ask.
"No, but if he does, then he can forget about me coming, I'm sticking with my awesome sister who just saved a Star Whale." She says slinging an arm over my shoulder.
"He never wanted you to leave." Liz says from beside us and I look to her, confused. "That man, whether he wants to admit it or not, has feelings for you, so go and find him and tell him that you do too." Liz tells me, I blush as Amy laughs beside me. I smile at her one last time, before hugging her tightly. "Do come and visit me, love." She says. "It's been a while since I've had a close friend." I nod and pull away.
"I'll see if I can convince the Doctor to let us visit." I tell her before running off after him.

I slow down my pace as I search the rooms and corridors looking for the Doctor. Scenarios of what he's doing at the moment pop in and out of my mind, the worst being he's still really angry and has left without us, so as I speed walk through the market place and find the Tardis still there and smile in relief and I pop my head in to see if he's in there, he isn't. I huff out as I run off again in search for the Doctor. I walk along the Observation Deck and look over the Starship smiling as I look along the deck to find the Doctor standing watching the ship. I approach him and don't say anything as I stand beside him looking out. We stand for a good two minutes before he speaks, not looking to me at all.
"Mackenzie, you could have killed everyone on this ship." He says. I look to him sadly feeling a little less hopeful about him forgiving me.
"You could've killed a Star Whale." I tell him. He looks to me silently, and I look into his eyes, feeling a little more hopeful as he has the hint of a smile on his lips. He doesn't say anything for another minute as we just look into each other's eyes.
"And you saved it. I know, I know." He says eventually looking back out of the gigantic windows.
"Amazing though, don't you think? The Star Whale. All that pain and misery and loneliness, and it just made it kind." I say not turning to look out as I watch him listen to me, he turns to me again.
"But you couldn't have known how it would react."
"You couldn't... But I could, I've seen it before. Very old and very kind, and the very, very last." And I grab his hands making him face me. "Sound familiar?" He smiles as he pulls me into a hug and I bury my face into his shoulder as he buries his into my newly acquired cloak. "Hey." I say grinning.
"What?" He asks, muffled.
"Gotcha." I smile copying what he said earlier.
"Huh." He laughs. "Gotcha." He whisper as we both hold each other a little tighter.
"Right, sorry to ruin the moment, but I have a message from Her Majesty." The loud and annoying voice of my sister says from behind us. We pull apart as Amy hands the Doctor Liz's mask. "She says there will be no more secrets on Starship UK."
"Good. Let's go then." The Doctor says and he offers me his hand, which I take gladly as we walk back down to the Tardis.