Grateful

Hi everyone, I hope that you all are having a good day.
*
Please don't forget to vote/comment it really makes me happy.

Brooklynn held the disposable phone in her hand, slowly dialing the number to her dads phone. She didn't know if he would pick up the phone...She hoped that he wouldn't.

"It's okay, Brook." Connor said, offering her a reassuring smile. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I don't want to do this," Brook mumbled. "But I have to." She pressed call on the disposable phone.

The phone rang for what seemed to be forever, but really it was only three times.

"Hello?"

Her heart jumped when she heard his voice, it was him. It was her dad.

"Dad?" She choked out, her voice sounding weak and fragile.

"Brooklynn?" He sounded shocked, and without speaking Brooklynn nodded. She knew that he couldn't see her, but she felt that she would start crying if she had to talk. "Brooklynn are you okay? Where are you? Have they hurt you-"

Her dad started bombarding her with question after question, not giving her any time to speak. She waited patiently for him to finish, giving her enough time to collect herself.

He finished talking, eagerly waiting for answers.

"I'm sorry dad, but I can't tell you where I am," She spoke. "I can promise you that I am safe."

"Why the hell can't you tell me where you are? Is it Alpha Sebastian? Is he making you stay there?" She glanced at Connor who rolled his eyes, she could see how hard he was trying not to say anything.

"I just can't, Dad. And Alpha Sebastian doesn't know that I'm calling you." Brooklynn felt overwhelmed with guilt as she lied to her dad, but she pushed it down to be dealt with later.

"Brook, I don't know what's going on. I need to know where you are so I can come rescue you. You need to come home." Brook could hear her dad becoming anxious and confused.

She had wished to see him, to just talk to him in person. Maybe he would understand a bit more what she was trying to say.

"Dad," She spoke. "You can't come here. You need to call off the attack." Her voice was soft and sorrowful. She'd felt like she was the worst daughter in the world. Maybe she was.

"What? How did you-"

"Because I know you, Dad. I know how much you love me and how you'd do anything to protect me. But you need to let me go, I promise you that I will be okay." Brooklynn didn't believe what she was saying, she was in a foreign pack that she was just starting to understand.

There were very, very few people in this pack that she was only beginning to trust.

She didn't know anyone here besides Connor and Naomi. And she was supposed to be the Luna.

"Brooklynn, I don't know what you're thinking or if you're being forced to do this, but you are being foolish. Those people, that monster, they kidnapped you. They took you against your will away from me, and for what? Because alpha Sebastian is your mate?" Brook could hear the anger in her fathers voice, she could hear the hurt.

She knew that it probably just felt like she stabbed him in the back. It probably felt like she was the worst daughter that anyone could ever have.

And she didn't blame him.

"Dad," She said. Her voice was firm, as if she had made her final decision and nothing would change that. "Call off the war, it's in both of our best interests."