Chapter 2

The Bellfast Death. The name given to the murderer who hunts in the cemetery of the Catholic Church of Bellfast. They had never been able to catch the beast. They began to believe a curse was placed on the grounds after the body of a young man was found to be missing some years ago. The authorities had never recovered the missing body and so the story goes that the man seeks vengeance on those who disturb the rest of the dead. For years now, the cemetery had seen many deaths of men most had been up to no good. A few grave robbers, men who had killed their wives or children in a fit of rage, and the occasional mother, who killed her own children for insurance money. The authorities put a ban on entering the ground as at night, but that didn't stop the criminals and daredevils from testing their luck.

You sat reading the article of the recent murder from across the table as your husband flipped through the pages.
"Is my coffee done yet bitch?!" He slammed the paper down on the table, causing you to jump. You jumped up and grabbed his coffee cup from the brewer and presented it to him, not making eye contact. He sneered and grabbed the cup, and the steaming liquid spilled on your already blistered hands, causing tears to well up in your eyes. The man noticed and slapped you away. "Go press my shirt bitch, or I'll take the iron to your back again." He spat and you ran off to do his bidding. A short time later, he grabbed the shirt from your hands and went to the door, demanding that you have the house cleaned and dinner ready when he got back from work.
As the house vibrated from the slamming of the door, you break down crying.