My Hero

I know New York isn't the safest place in the world, but ever since the Spiderman showed up, I've been feeling a bit better about walking home alone. I used to walk with my friend Peter since we live in the same building, but ever since he got this Stark Internship thing, he's been leaving right after school, which means that I have to walk the five blocks it takes to get home by myself.

Sometimes, if Michelle or Ned are coming over, they'll walk with me, but for the most part, I walk by myself. I don't mind though; it gives me time to think. Today, the main topic on my mind was Peter.

No, not in that way at all, I'm just worried about him. He seems much more tired lately, and he isn't getting all of his homework done like he used to. I'm kind of wondering if this whole internship business is a good idea if this is what it does to Peter.

While I'd been thinking about Pete, my feet were walking towards my apartment building on autopilot. Suddenly, I'm distracted by flashing lights and orange cones. It looked to be an awful two-car wreck that had blocked part of the sidewalk on my way home. I took more notice of my surroundings and thankfully there was an alleyway that would get me to my apartment almost as fast, with just a little extra walking time.

I put my earbuds in to listen to some music while I walked the rest of the way, which was my first mistake. I should have known better than to put earbuds in when walking on a less populated route.

As I turned into the alleyway, I felt a shiver run down my spine. I glanced around nervously, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I shoved my hands into my pockets and picked up my pace a little bit. I shook my head, telling my brain to stop psyching out about nothing.

BANG!!

There came a loud crash from behind me, and as I turned around, someone grabbed my arm and threw me into the alley wall behind me. My head made a loud cracking noise as it hit the wall, and I groaned in pain.

"Give me your wallet and phone bitch," a voice I didn't recognize growled.

I looked up, my eyes swimming with tears as my head throbbed. "Wha, what do you want?" I managed to croak out, terrified beyond measure.

"I said, give me your wallet and phone bitch." the man repeated, but I just stared up at him, unable to comprehend that I was being robbed. He growled again, and I tried to scoot back, but I was up against a wall, and there was nowhere to go. His putrid breath washed over my face, and I tried to turn away, but he grabbed my face with his dirty hand.

"If you aren't going to give me your wallet and phone, maybe there's something else you have that I could take," the man sneered, showing yellowed teeth.

Finally, his words seemed to break through the fog surrounding my brain. I brought my knee up, hard, and landed it right in-between the man's legs.

His eyes widened, and he fell back, positively howling in pain. I pushed myself off the wall and stumbled away from the wall, trying to get to the end of the alley and back out on the busy streets.

But my head hurt so much, more than it ever had before, I had to stop and grip the wall if I didn't want to fall over. I heard the man getting up behind me, and I tried to stand again when suddenly, I heard a THWACK sound behind me.

"Now see here mister, are you antagonizing this nice lady?" This time, a different voice rang out, kind, and somewhat familiar.

I turned around, slowly as so not to aggravate my head anymore. My jaw dropped as I recognized the distinctive red and blue of Spiderman's suit. I felt a wave of relief at the sight of him, and immediately, I felt safer. 

He was perched on a fire escape overhanging the scene, his body tensed, ready to spring into action if need be. 

"Fuck off buddy. It's none of your business whats going on between the lady and me." The man groaned, but there was little heat behind his words, as he was still crippled by my attack. 

"Yea, see I think it is my business, so I'm just gonna make sure you don't go anywhere for a little while." Spiderman shot a string of web at my attacker, making sure he was trapped against the wall he had stumbled over to. 

The web-slinger then jumped down from the fire escape and turned to me. "Hey, are you ok Miss?" He walked toward where I was leaning against the wall, with my head turned down. 

"Miss? Miss, are you..." he began to speak but paused, so I looked up at him, and he gasped in shock. "Oh, oh my god, (Y/N)!"

I stared into the eyes of the suit Spiderman wore. "Hold on, how do you know my name, do I know you?" I questioned, trying to figure out why his voice sounded so familiar. 

"Hold on, we need to go somewhere more private," and suddenly, I had an arm wrapped around my waist, and Spiderman shot a web at the top of the building we were standing by, and the next thing I knew, we were in the air. 

I shrieked, and frantically wrapped my arms around his neck, terrified of falling to the ground below. I felt my feet touch something firm, but I refused to let go of my savior, and I hadn't even realized that my eyes were closed until he commented on the fact that I still had a death grip on the back of his suit.

"You know, you could let go now, we're on solid ground now." 

I quickly unwrapped my arms and stepped back, or tried to at least. My brain still wasn't entirely functioning, and I almost fell over, if it weren't for the fact that Spiderman's arm shot out and wrapped around my waist again, pulling me forward into his chest. He brought a hand up to slowly caress the back of my head, pausing when I winced as he passed over where I had hit my head. 

Suddenly, he muttered under his breath. "Oh (Y/N), how could I be so stupid, how could I think you would be safer?" I jerked my head up at the use of my name again. 

"Hold on, you never told me, how do you know who I am?" 

Spiderman let me go and stepped back slightly. "Because, you know who I am (Y/N)," he said, reaching up to pull his mask off. I stared at the face revealed, unable to comprehend. 

"Peter?" I shook my head slightly, trying to clear my thoughts. "Hold on, Pete, YOU'RE Spiderman?" 

"I know, I know (Y/N), I'm so sorry I left you alone to walk home every day, but I thought that if criminals didn't know about you, you'd be safer, but I was wrong, and I'm sorry, I don't know how I can make it up..." Peter trailed off as I put a hand on his chest, over the spider emblem.

"Peter, thank you for saving me," I whispered, wrapping my arms around his back as his arms came up to hold me close. "My hero."

Hello dear readers! I know this comes right on the heels of an update, but these ideas keep popping up in my brain like flowers in the spring, and I want to share them all with you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please, if you like this story, give it a vote or comment! If you like my work, I have a collection of short stories that I am writing that is posted on my account, go ahead and give it a read if you're interested! I'm unsure of when the next update will be, but hopefully before the weekend is over. And, like always, I own nothing, and I take no credit for any of the characters except for ones completely made up by me. I make no profit off of this story, it is purely for entertainment purposes.

Thanks again!!!