Revelations Part 2

Recap:

Suddenly, a shadow appears outside of Peter's window. I sit still in silent terror, wondering if it's a burglar. The window slowly slides open, and as the figure creeps into the room, I almost gasp in shock. What the hell is Spiderman doing in Peter's room, crawling across his ceiling? It's clear he hasn't seen me as he crawls over to the wall and drops silently to the floor. All of a sudden, he pulls off his mask, and this time, I do gasp out loud.

He whirls around in shock and drops the mask. We stare at each other, neither of us even breathing until suddenly, I blurt out,

"Peter!?!?"

We stared at each other, neither of us willing to break the silence. I sat completely still, not able to muster up the ability to move, my mind running at incredible speeds trying to understand what just happened. Finally, I burst.

"You, you're Spiderman??!?!" I whisper-shouted, conscious of the fact that May was just down the hall. I made to get up off of Peter's bed when he quickly jumps into action, pressing the spider symbol on his chest, and I am momentarily distracted by the revelation of his bare chest, so distracted I almost miss his next words.

"Nononono (Y/N), I'm not Spiderman, this is just a..."

"Don't you dare tell me that is just a costume, Peter Parker!" I erupted, jumping to my feet. "Don't you dare lie to me, you've never before and you sure as hell shouldn't start now!" I glared at him, my anger all-consuming. I crossed my arms and tilted my head at him. "Well? Are you going to explain all this?!?"

Peter stood there, unmoving, probably shocked by the fact that I had just yelled at him. "I, uh..." he stuttered, all of a sudden turning red when he realized he was standing in front of me, with only his boxers on. He quickly started pulling on sweatpants, and an old tee shirt that was laying on his floor.

I turned red as well, somehow I had missed the fact that my best friend was completely ripped... Or was it because of being Spiderman? I started to doubt everything we'd talked about in the last couple months. How could he keep this a secret?

"Peter, why haven't you told me? Do you not trust me?" I looked down at the floor, convincing myself that had to be the reason why he hadn't told me. I collapsed back on to his bed, covering my face with my hands, unable to look at my best friend.

"No (Y/N), god no, that isn't why I haven't told you at all!" Peter exclaimed, a note of urgency in his voice, yet I refuse to look up from my hands. "(Y/N) you have to believe me, I haven't told anyone about this at all, even Aunt May doesn't know, and I was so worried about someone finding out about you and..." At that point, I started to block him out.

He didn't want anyone to know about me? What did he mean? I rub my face with my hands as my exhausted, over-worked brain tried to process all this. At some point, I'm not sure when, I'd started to cry. Peter suddenly cut off, and looked at me, slightly horrified.

"(Y/N) why are you crying, oh no, dammit, I didn't mean to make you cry, please stop you know I hate it when you cry," Peter babbled as he quickly moved over to me, pulling me onto his lap as he sat down on his bed, trying to calm me. His hand rubbed up and down my back as I wrapped my arms around him, gripping the back of his tee shirt as I tried to control the sudden onslaught of tears.

Peter and I must've sat there for at least 10 minutes while I struggled to calm down my breathing. Finally, I was able to get myself back under control, and that's when I realized that I was still sitting on Peter's lap. He had pulled us back slightly so he was leaning against his headboard, and I was seated on his lap, with his arms around me. I turned bright red as I realized that I had been practically laying on my best friend and crying my eyes out, which was completely unlike me. 

"Are you good now?" Peter asked as he watched me lift my head from his shoulder. "You don't normally get this upset with me, I'm sorry I made you so sad." He started rambling, looking heartbroken at the fact that he'd made me cry. 

I sighed and tried to calm Peter down before he completely spiraled down the rabbit hole. "Pete, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so upset, I'm just so worried, you're out saving lives every night, but who is going to save you if you get in trouble? It's so dangerous and I didn't even know you were doing this, one day you might just not show up at school and I wouldn't even know what happened, and,"

Peter cut me off, looking slightly amused at my rambling, so similar to his. "(Y/N), I wanted to tell you, I really did, but only Mr. Stark knows, and if you knew, then you could be in danger, and I would never want you to be in danger, I couldn't handle that." he looked at me, trying to convey his sincerity. 

I looked at him, and suddenly his words registered in my brain. "Wait, what do you mean that I could be in danger? How could I possibly be in danger?" 

"If one of my enemies found out my true identity, then they would know how close we are. I can't allow that knowledge to get out (Y/N), I couldn't bear to see you hurt." Peter looked down sheepishly, absentmindedly toying with the hem of my shirt, avoiding eye contact.

"Peter, that is my choice to make if I want to be in danger or not! You think I want you out there risking your life any more than I want some psycho criminal coming after me on a revenge mission?" Peter's chocolate eyes looked into mine, confusion written all over his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but I wasn't finished. 

"But that is my choice to make Peter Parker! You are my best friend and I'll be damned if I let you try to push me away. I am sticking with you through this and there isn't anything you can say that will make me change my mind." I set my jaw, glaring at him slightly, daring him to say something. 

He looked at me, and grinned, shaking his head. "God, I don't know why I ever thought I could keep this a secret from you (Y/N). You're too damn stubborn and intuitive." I tried to keep glaring at him but began to snicker.

"Goddammit Peter, I'm supposed to be mad at you," I giggled, unable to help myself. "But no more secrets you hear?" I pulled a mock-serious face and punched his arm lightly.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you, now would you stop hitting me, seriously woman!" Peter laughed, trying to duck out of reach of my swinging arms. "Why are you so violent, stop it!"

I laughed, happy to have my best friend back, and relieved that he finally told me what was going on with him. "Just promise me that you will keep me updated on all of your spider-shenanigans?" I asked, looking up at Peter, a slight grin still on my face, along with the threat of more punching if he didn't comply with my wishes.

"I promise (Y/N), I promise."

Hey! Sorry this is a day late, but my weekend was hectic, what with studying for midterms and the like. So, here is part two! I hope you guys like it, even if it is shorter than part one. My plan is to do a Tom Holland imagine next, and we will see where things go from there! I am taking requests and, as always, I own nothing, and I take no credit for any of the characters except for ones completely made up by me. I make no profit off of this story, it is purely for entertainment purposes.