Nyxs' Knight - Percy Jackson

A/N

This is my first story on
Wattpad so be patient with my writing. The start will be a bit lame, unoriginal, etc - it gets better. All characters in all the following chapters belong to Rick Riordin unfortunately. All rights to Rick Riordin minus the plot line. Enjoy.

***

Percy stood on Camp Half Blood's borders and studied his home, looking for any changes that might have happened during the week he had been gone. The sweet scent of strawberries wafted up from the blooming patches next to the newly painted Big House. The numerous cabins dotted around the camp, gleaming in the last rays of the evening sun. It was still the same old camp he was used to. Percy looked down at himself, noticing his appearance for the first time in days. His black jeans were torn and scuffed, his shirt barely held together by thin orange threads of cotton. The words Camp Half Blood were only just visible under the muck. His obsidian coloured hair was dirt encrusted and sticking up at odd angles, yet his sea green eyes were as bright as ever.

He had just completed the five trials of Hesperidia, which involved tasks no demigod should have to undertake. The most difficult one, in Percy's opinion, was stealing a golden apple of immortality from the garden of Hesperus on Atlas Mountain and defeating its guard, the dragon Ladon. Percy had barely managed to succeed in stabbing the smelly dragon that had slain his friend Zoe Nightshade, distracting it for long enough that he was able to snag one of the flawless apples from the lowest branch and get the heck out of there. The goddess Athena had then given him her blessing to marry her daughter and his wise girl, Annabeth Chase, deeming him worthy enough after completing the five trials. He had then travelled to Hephaestus' closest forge in Manhattan and presented the golden apple to him as payment for making him the perfect ring. Now, he took the ring out of his pocket and examined it. The ring was a silver band with the words 'you drool when you sleep' inscribed along the outside, along with the outline of a deep grey owl and a misty green trident. Those were the first words Annabeth had said to him.

He decided to take a shower and get himself cleaned up before he notified Chiron of his return. The old centaur, along with the rest of the camp, was under the impression that Percy was on a small quest for his father Poseidon, and not gaining permission to marry the love of his life. He trudged down to Cabin three but didn't see any campers. They were probably at the dining pavilion eating dinner. At that thought, Percy's stomach grumbled. He was hungry.

After he showered and dressed, he made his way over to the dining pavilion to find it empty. That's strange - where was everyone? That was when he heard a ruckus from the beach. There was yelling and it sounded like a party of some sort. Maybe they were having a bonfire? As he neared the source of the party, he saw a beefy boy around his age with pig- like green eyes and oily black hair on some sort of makeshift stage, the whole camp crowding around and cheering. He had one arm tightly wrapped around a girl with princess blond locks and stormy grey eyes, a large smile plastered on her pretty face. Annabeth. Percy's heart skipped a beat when he saw her looking as beautiful as ever. What was she doing up there with that meat loaf? She must be introducing this new camper to the rest of the camp. As soon as that though crossed his mind, there was a blinding flash of white light and Poseidon appeared behind the new guy in his usual Bermuda board shorts and fishing shirt, his tanned skin shining in the sunlight. Above the new kids head was a glowing green triton. Percy's heart skipped yet another beat. Meat Loaf was his brother? Oh great. He had always wanted a sibling but, by the looks of this guy, he probably wasn't going to enjoy it. Nether less, he sped up his pace, eager to hear this guys story.

He had just reached the edge of the forest and was about to step into sight when Poseidon's booming voice rang out around the beach. "Here I present to you my son Daniel Ramsnob!" he shouted with pride. "I myself raised him at my palace and he is there for one of the greatest demigods to walk the Earth! My favourite son shall be treated with the utmost respect and shall be made camp leader immediately! He is the Slayer of the Drakon, the Destroyer of the Hellhound and the SAVIOUR OF OLYMPUS, unlike my undesirable son Percy Jackson, who cannot even make an effort to attend his own brother's introduction ceremony! In fact, that imp is not worthy to be called a son of Poseidon! I hereby renounce my father ship towards Perseus Jackson!" And with those final words, he flashed out. Then, as if to add to his pain and misery, the boy, or Daniel as Poseidon had called him, leant down and pressed his sweaty lips to Annabeths'.

This couldn't be happening. Annabeth was his love! Percy felt as if his whole world was crashing down around him and he could do nothing to stop it. A pain so great it seem to rip him apart sped through his body, and he leaned over the bushes and retched. He wiped his mouth and stood up. He felt nothing, nothing at all as he walked out of the tree line and into the light. There were some gasps from the campers, even Chiron drew in a breath, but the one that stood out the most was Annabeths, at least to Percy. There was silence as the campers stared in shock at their returned leader. Finally, Percy broke the silence.

"Why Annabeth?" he asked, his voice blank, but that made it so much worse.

Annabeth flinched at his voice. "I thought you were gone! Percy, you know I would never-"

"Never what? Never hurt me? I was only gone for a week! But why Annabeth? I need to know."

"I...I don't know! I can't explain it! It's like I have no cont-"she began, but was cut off once again by Percy's empty voice.

"What kind of answer is that? 'I don't know?'! How can you not know?" Percy felt like someone had completely sucked out all of his internal organs with a vacuum and replaced them with concrete. The pressure building in his chest was making it hard to breath, and Annabeths answer had just pushed him over the top. He had to leave before he exploded. He pulled the ring from his pocket and threw it at Annabeths feet, she had more use for it than he did at the moment.

Then, he turned and ran. There were shouts from behind him, telling him to come back, and the loudest was Annabeths. He couldn't... he just couldn't deal with her or any of this at the moment. So he ran until he was out of breath and had left the campers far behind, and realised his feet had taken him to Zeus' Fist. He sat down and pulled out a golden drachma from his pocket and summoned a curtain of water. "Oh Iris, please accept my offering. Show me Sally Jackson, Manhattan."

The Iris Message clouded over for a moment, before parting like a curtain and revealing his mums and Paul's apartment, same as it had ever been. Both his parent were sitting on their black leather couch, their backs facing the Iris Message. Percy was about to call out when Paul said "Do you want to invite Percy home for this summer?"

His mother flinched at the sound of Percy's name. "No! I've actually been enjoying the break from all the chaos that follows Percy around okay! I just want a summer with no monsters and no Greek mythology."

Percy had heard enough, so he swiped through the message and sank down to his knees. The heavy feeling in his chest deepened, and suddenly he was sobbing on his knees with his head to the ground. How could this have happened? His world had collapsed completely. Not even his own mother wanted him near her. His only though was 'how?'.

Then it started to rain.