I'm Like a Lawyer

High school is tough. And Pete has a secret. But he has to maintain his status of being one of the coolest kids at Jefferson High. His secret? You'll find out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete walks into the lunchroom, and looks for his friends. Instantly, he sees Gerard's red hair, so he walks in that direction. There's Mikey, Gerard's little brother. Pete always tried to treat him special. And then Tyler. Pete was about to scream "Hi", but something caught his attention.

A little boy in a sweater and a fedora doodling in a notebook. He's cute, too

Wait.. Pete's not gay. Pete's not into guys. He never has been and he never will be.

Just keep walking Pete, He mutters. Go to your friends. They're waiting for you.

Even after saying that, Pete felt drawn to the little sweater boy. And suddenly, he changed directions and was walking towards him.

"Hey."

The sweater boy looked shocked that someone talked to him.

"H-hey?" It sounded like a question.

Without saying anything else, Pete got up and went to his friends. He knew they'd be asking questions, so he came up with some lies.

"Dude what was that?" Mikey says. "You're gonna make people think you're weird."

"Okay he looked lonely. I only said 'hi' and walked away so it won't affect me that much. What are we doing tonight?"

Here Tyler piped in:

"I think we should go to the bowling alley. They're having a special. For every hour after 10 pm, it's $10 a game."

"That's a pretty good deal," Gerard said. "Except none of us like bowling. Anything else?"

"We could jam out at Pete's place," Mikey suggested. "That's something everyone likes."

"That's a good idea," Pete says before standing up, stealing a glance at the doodle boy. "I'll see you guys at 7. I have study hall."

He doesn't really have study hall, but there was something stuck in his head. A tune. Some lyrics. He needed to write them down before he lost them.

He went to his locker and sat on the ground. He pulled out a notebook and ripped out a piece of paper and started scribbling things down.

Last years wishes.. this years apologies.. every time I come home

Prettier and younger.. not any better off

Pete didn't expect anyone to sneak up on him. Everyone was at lunch, doing their own thing. Well, almost everyone.

Pete sensed him before he saw him. The fedora guy. The one with the sweater and the notebook. Walking towards him.

Pete looked up right as the boy stopped to push up his glasses, his sweater sleeves giving him sweater paws.

"Hello," he said. Pete did not expect that either.

The boy plopped down in front of Pete and said "Whatchya writing?"

"Uhh, nothing, nothing. Nothing important."

"If it isn't important, can I see?"

How could Pete say no to that face? Almost reluctantly, Pete handed over the sheet of paper.