Snilly

This is my first story I have ever posted on Wattpad and I'm very nervous and excited to do so.  Please enjoy the Snilly one-shot  :)

--------------

It was Lily’s birthday.  Finally, she was turning 15!  She had waited so long for this moment and at last it was here!  Glancing at the clock, she found the hands announcing that her guests were going to be there any minute.  In anticipation, she restlessly paced in front the large window viewing the white blanket of snow covering her backyard.  Unfocused, she passed it with much more on her mind than the pure snow gently falling outside.

Suddenly, Lily heard a shy rap on the door.  She could only guess who that might be.  Severus, she thought with a fleeting sensation of affection.

Severus Snape had been Lily’s very best friend from the time they had met.  When they were little, they would play together.  As the time approached for them to go to Hogwarts, they equally thrilled to be attending.  Not only were they just attending, they were attending together!  Severus had explained about the different houses, Quidditch, and each of the different lessons they could take.  Lovingly, he explained the best he could about Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Preferring Potions, Lily never enjoyed DADA as much as Severus always seemed to.

Jolting her from her thoughts, Lily heard another soft knock.  Running to the door, she fixed her hair and unsuccessfully tried to make it lay flat.  She pulled open the door to throw herself at Severus to give him a great big bear hug.  Awkwardly, he patted her on the back.  Lily let go and invited him in the house.  He looked oddly serious.  Normally, he wasn’t a happy go lucky, jolly person but today he looked especially solemn. 

“Hey Severus, what’s up?  It’s my birthday; you could cheer up a little.”  Lily said giving him a teasing grin.         

Severus didn’t crack a smile.  Not even a smirk.

“What is wrong with you today?”  Lily questioned nervously.  Severus was not a person to cross.

“We need to talk before everyone gets here.”  He grabbed her hand and walked towards the door leading to the backyard.  When he reached the door, he quickly twisted the handle and pulled it open.  Sitting me on the only stair with no snow on it, he turned to look at me.

“Love.  An underestimated emotion nobody understands.  It’s true and pure.  It’s what I feel for you Lily.”

Lily gasped.  Whatever she had been expecting, this was not it. 

“You...you love me?” She asked unbelieving.

“Always.”