3. Stranger In My House (2/3)

Trey in the MM

4 months later

Trey.

I looked down at my phone and saw a text from Autumn.

Autumn Hayes💖: Let me in. We have to talk.
Trey Womack💚: why are you here?
Autumn Hayes💖: Treyvon, let me in. Please.

I sighed and got up to buzz her in. Truth is, I'm out here acting all hard and shit knowing Damn well I miss her. Even though my heart yearns for her, what she did wasn't right. I sat down on a stool at the counter and waited for her to come in. The door soon swung open and she stood there. My eyes glanced down to her stomach and saw a little bump. My whole demeanor changed and I stood in front of her.

"You kept the baby??" She slightly smiled and nodded. "Trey, you were right. It's our baby, and I should've consulted you first. Plus, I'm kind of excited to be a mommy." I smiled and hugged her. "Wow. I mean, I would've wanted to be at the doctor's appointments, but it's fine! The important thing is that we're raising the baby together. So, what are we having?" "Actually, that's why I'm here. My mom put together a gender reveal party on Saturday, so I was wondering if you and Breaunna could make it?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I forgot all about Bre. She won't do anything but call me irresponsible and give me this bullshit speech about safe sex, as if I'm a fourteen year old in a health class. "I'll definitely make it, but my sister is a whole other story. You know how she is." Autumn laughed. "My brother is the same way, so it's fine. You know, he and my dad had a conversation and they expect us to get married." I laughed at the thought. We're definitely not ready for marriage right now, but it is something to consider after we have the baby.

She looked up at me with this face she makes whenever she's about to ask me a serious question. She calls me by my government name, too. "Treyvon," see? Told you. "Are we back on?" I squinted my eyes at her. "I'm not sure. Are we?"  She slightly chuckled. "Well, you were the one who kicked me out, so I'm just wondering." "Do you want us to be back on?" "You know I do, Trey. I love you. I just need to know that we're on the same page. And I'm sorry about what I did before. It wasn't right." I smiled and kissed her on the lips. She smiled back and picked up her purse. "I have to run, but I'll text you a little later." I nodded. "I'll talk to Bre about it. Pray for me." We both shared a laugh as I walked her to the door. "Bye, Trey." "Bye, Autumn."

Breaunna.

I paced around my living room. Amani Reese and Tremaine are currently on the run and the police are keeping watch on my house because they were here four months ago. They asked me to keep their kids, Kiah and Kelvin. I still don't know how I feel about it, even though it's been a while. They really miss their parents and they're super rebellious. I thought it was tough with me and Zonnique raising Danasia, but this is way worse.

The doorbell rang and I went to open up. Trey was standing on the other side. I smiled and let him in. "Wassup witcha, big sis?" I furrowed a brow. The only time Trey says that is when he has some bad news. "What do you want?" He chuckled and sat me down on the sofa. "Alright, alright. So Autumn came by the house today, and guess what?" "What?" "She didn't give the baby up. And her mom has put together a gender reveal party this weekend, and you've been invited." She just stared me down with the most stern look ever.