2. Stranger In My House (1/3)

Jacob.

I walked into my apartment and turned on my lights. The one person I never thought I'd see again stood in the middle of my living room. I'll admit, she looks good, but I don't want her. I've moved on, and on top of that, I'm willing to bet she's still crazy as hell. "Jessica Jarrel. Long time no see." She smiled at me. "Yes, it has been a while." I shook my head. "What the hell are you doing in my apartment?" "I came to see you, duh." I chuckled, although unamused, and moved towards her. I looked her in the eyes and shook my head. "Get out, Jessica. And don't come back--seriously."

She rolled her eyes and simply left without saying a word. I need an alarm system in here.

Breaunna.

"BRE!! Come quick!" Zonnique called out to me. I ran downstairs and saw her watching TV. "What's wrong??" "Look." I came over to her side and saw what she was looking at. Amani Reese and Tremaine were on the news with mugshots.

Amani Reese Calhoun and Tremaine Marshall are wanted for involvement in the murder of Calhoun's sister, Bahja Rodriguez, and her fiancé, Chresanto August, as well as the attempted murder of four other individuals.

It was suspected that they were involved when they took a polygraph test and they refused to answer some of the questions, such as who was at the gathering that night.

"I just knew it. In the pit of my stomach. It was just too fishy to me." I said while shaking my head. "The police called right before you came down," Zonnique said. "They want a statement out of both of us." I nodded. "I guess it makes sense, considering the fact that we're connected to the case in some way..." she nodded and got up.

"Well, my boo is coming over today, so I'm gonna head back over to my place. I'll see you later, boo." She said with a smile plastered on her face. I laughed as she skipped back over to her side of the duplex. There was a knock on the door as I started to sit down. I groaned and went over to answer, when I saw someone unexpected. 

Trey.

"Baby, cmon!! It's my body, and I just want you to support me!" Autumn said as I paced around my living room. She just brought up that she wanted to get an abortion instead of carrying this baby, because she's concerned about what her father will say. "No, Autumn!!! No!! I get it, this is your body and you can do what you want; however, when OUR baby is involved, I expect to have a say so in what you do with it!! Adoption, possibly, but an abortion??!! I'm not down with that."

"Look, I already went down to the family clinic, and I think abortion is the best option." I turned to her and stared at her like she had three heads. "You went down to the clinic?? Without me?!" "Yes, Trey! Because I knew you'd do this!!" I didn't want or need to hear anymore. I can't take this. I shed a tear and walked over to the door, opened it, and waited for her to step on the other side. She looked at me with such shock and pain.

"Trey, really??" I didn't even look at her. I just pointed out the door as the tears kept falling. She came over to me. "Trey, if I walk out that door, I'm never coming back. And I will abort our baby." I scoffed and looked down at her. "It's your body, right? It was never our baby in your head, anyway. You just wanna look good for Daddy so he can continue running you those biweekly checks. Do what you want; I don't think my opinions and feelings really matter to you anymore." She began to cry and she ran out. It hurts me to do this, but she can't just do these things and think she can skate on by.