Mr. N

Steve yawned as he slightly opened his eyes. The morning sun was shining through the window. Tony was resting against his body. He noticed Tony was still sound asleep and was slightly snoring. He didn't want to wake Tony up, knowing that Tony had barely gotten any sleep the past few days and had a 'fever'. Steve quietly slipped out from underneath him and left the room silently.

It has been a week since they've returned from the secret base. Tony was almost on full recovery. The 'fever' he had was now almost gone, just slight dizziness sometimes. 

Steve was still trying to figure out who was behind this whole thing. Whoever it was, it has been erased from their mind that they killed Tony. He was sitting on the couch, wrapping his brain around the problem when an idea hit him. Steve picked up his phone and called up Coulson. "Coulson it's me, Steve." Steve said when Coulson answered. "Cap? What can I do for you?" Phil said.

"Well, we aren't anywhere near finding the person who was behind this whole thing. I know that you killed agent John Garrett but there is another leader. We need to find him, so I was just wondering, were there any survivors from when we invaded that base. They must know something about who he is." Steve said. Coulson knew where Steve was going with this. "Captain, you don't have to worry about those people. We have our best men questioning them." Steve rolled his eyes to himself. "Yeah but have you gotten any information yet?" He said.

"Well no but-" 

"See. I can guarantee if you gave me a shot, I could get information from them." 

Coulson sighed through the other line. "Fine. Meet me at SHIELD Headquarters in 20 minutes." He hung up the phone.

Steve formed a small smile and knew that he would get the information out of those survivors no matter what it took.

Before he left, he didn't want Tony to wonder where he was, so he left a note for him,

went out for groceries
be back soon
Love,
Steve

He left the note on the counter and left. 

When he arrived at SHIELD Headquarters, he saw Coulson standing near the door waiting. He walked up to him and they both walked in. "So where are they being held? Do we need to fly a jet to the Fridge?" Steve asked as they walked through the building. Coulson turned to him. "No. They're actually currently being held here. The Fridge is under construction at the moment. They're at the bottom of this facility." They walked into the elevator and Coulson hit the base level. 

When the doors opened Coulson and Steve walked through a long hallway with concrete walls. At the end of the hallway there was another door with a keypad. Coulson typed in some numbers on the keypad and it scanned his eye and the door slid open. As they continued walking, Steve saw Shield agents walking around holding clipboards walking into various rooms. "This is where we currently keep all the bad guys." Coulson said as if he read Steve's mind. "Ever since the Fridge was destroyed, we've had to recapture all of them and this is all we have for now."

As they were walking, Coulson suddenly stopped at one door. "This one is the one that says he knows the most information. Before you go in, let me first. Just to warn him." Coulson said as he opened the door. Steve waited outside for a few minutes. He looked around and saw the there were many rooms with many recaptured villains. 

When Coulson came out, Steve was ready for some 'talking'.

"Oh, Cap. Good luck. He's not much of a talker." 

"Oh he'll talk. I'm Captain America." Steve said with a smirk and walked in.

The door shut behind him and he looked around. It was a small white room with a table in the middle. There was also a camera in the corner ceiling. The man was handcuffed and had a bloody nose along with bruises and cuts on his face. "So you're the one who won't talk hmm?" Steve started talking as he sat in the chair across from him. 

The man made a small smile.

Steve lifted his hand up and punched the man in the face so hard he almost fell backwards in his chair. The man clenched his nose. "You broke my bloody nose."

"Yeah. Well that's only the beginning. I suggest you listen and listen close. Who the hell wanted Tony dead." Steve said getting angry. 

"Oh that's right. You two have a thing. Who would've thought, The playboy and the man out of time- gay together"

Steve punched him again trying to calm his rage. 

"Alright alright. You bloody Americans and your punchin." The man was playing with Steve. "Too bad I don't know anythin." 

Steve suddenly reached over and took the man by the neck. He held him up against the wall tightening his grip. "I'm not afraid to snap your neck in half." Steve said clenching his teeth. "I don't know anything." The man said. Steve tightened his grip even harder. "Want to change your answer at all before I make that final?" The man could barely speak. He was slowly dying. "O... ok... I'll.... talk... I'll talk.." Steve dropped the man and he fell to the ground gasping for air. 

A few minutes later Steve sat in the chair and folded his arms on the desk waiting for the man to regain his position. He soon sat in the other chair still gasping for air and coughing. "I will tell you all I know." The man said now cooperating. "Start." Steve said in a angry tone. 

"He wanted to be called Mr. N. I don't know what the 'N' stood for. All I know is that it wasn't his real name. His true name was Miguel. I saw it on his file."

"What did he look like?"

"Ehh, he was tall and had dark hair. In between black and brown I would say. He had brown eyes and that's about it. Oh! He also worked at Stark Tower! He sure had a thing for Tony though. Negatively that is- don't be getting jealous." The man said with a smirk.

Steve just glared. "So that's it then?"

"Yeah that's it. Honest. And to tell you the truth. I never really like him anyway. Too bossy."

Steve stood up. "Why didn't you tell any of the other men anything. Why me?" 

"He told me only to ever speak to you if I was captured. I don't know. He's playing games." 

"Ahh. Okay." As Steve was about to leave, he suddenly punched the man one more time, knocking him out. "That's for Tony." And he left the room.

"Get anything out of him?" Coulson asked as they took the elevator back up. "Yes. A lot actually. Tell your team we're looking for a tall man with dark hair and dark eyes. Oh, and his name starts with an N. He also worked at Stark Tower to help shorten the range." Steve said.

As they left the building Coulson told Steve that his team wouldn't stop searching until he was found and Steve went home.

When he got home, he walked in and took off his jacket and shoes. When he looked up, he nearly jumped seeing Tony standing there with his arms crossed and had a glare on his face. "Where were you?" Tony asked in a pissed voice. "I left you a note, I was getting grocer..." Steve rubbed a hand down his face. He forgot to get groceries. "Damn." He whispered to himself.

"Care to explain?" Tony asked walking over to him. "Fine I lied. I'm sorry. I was at the SHIELD Headquarters." Steve said. "Doing what?" Tony asked suspiciously. Steve quickly thought of  lie, "There was a training and I didn't want to wake you because you needed to rest." 

"Why did you lie?" Tony asked. "Because I didn't want to upset you." Steve replied smoothly. "Ohh. Well then I guess I forgive you." Tony said with a smile. "Good." Steve replied and gave him a kiss.

They went into the living room and cuddled on the couch while they watched some TV. 

While they lay watching TV, with their hands interlocked with each other and Tony resting on Steve''s shoulder, Steve could only think about one thing.....

Mr. N.