Chapter 1

The hilt of his sword glinted in the morning light as the young man strode beside the king, his eyes darting around for any attack. His tall, muscular build suggested that he was a powerful warrior; his attire was formal and sharp.

One could say that he was rather close to the king based on the way they conversed, with the king occasionally nodding in approval at his suggestions.

Rajveer Vikram Rana was a unique combination of brain and brawn.

His warrior abilities combined with diplomatic skills and, most importantly, ardent loyalty to the kingdom made him a favourite of the king.
Initially offered the role of the commander-in-chief of the army, the young warrior chose to be the chief of security, following in his grandfather’s footsteps.

For three years, Rajveer had remained loyally by the king’s side, foiling the innumerable assassination plans made by the king’s many foes. He was supposedly one of the best warriors in the kingdom, with his brilliant war tactics aiding the king numerous times in need.

He was one of the few people who could speak against the king’s opinions without appearing too offensive, being able to garner respect effortlessly through his calm composure and humble demeanour.

Engrossed in conversation, Rajveer stopped speaking mid-sentence as the king took a different turn from their usual path, one leading to the palace gardens and temple.

“Aren’t we meeting the prime minister, Your Highness?” he enquired, as the king did not usually take this path.

“We are.” The king dipped his head.

“My daughter has requested my presence at the morning prayer today. We shall be meeting the prime minister there.”

They had now neared the temple, and Rajveer could see the silhouette of the prime minister waiting near the entrance. Though he knew that the princess had arrived, he had never seen her before due to her long absence from the kingdom.

He subconsciously kept fingering the hilt of his sword as they walked, his mind on high alert even inside the well-guarded palace.

The arrival of the princess didn’t make things any easier. More royalty meant more risk, and Rajveer had already imposed tighter security around the palace—just in case.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Do leave your valuable comments and votes!!