[ 3 : lucky charms ]

[ 3 : LUCKY CHARMS ]

june 3rd.

"liza!" i coon, wrapping my arms around her the second she lets go of the door. we sway side to side as i squeeze the life out of her.

when we let go, kristen holds out her arms as well. i gladly hug her and introduce myself, even though she already knows who i am.

i lock eyes with david again. "david." i say, in monotone. i can't help but smile at the end though. he doesn't even respond, just kind of looks at me. i can't tell if he's mad or kidding.

oh wait, i realize. i look beside me. it's because i was out with todd.

i turn back to liza, choosing to ignore david being completely ridiculous. "i missed you girl! how have you been? what's crack-a-lackin?"

i shake my head and laugh at her. i tell her all about how i graduated highschool and was going to college after break.

"where are you going?" kristen asks.

i shrug. "berkeley. i have a full ride scholarship."

everyone looked at me in awe. i suddenly got really embarrassed that everyone was looking at me. david just rolls his eyes. he's just mad he wasn't the smart dobrik.

"that's amazing!" liza says, wrapping her arms around me like david did this morning. "not only are you the more attractive dobrik, but you're the smarter one too!"

david groans while everyone else laughs. "i'm starting to regret letting you come visit."

liza laughs and pulls off david's hat, putting it on her own head. i sit down on the couch and liza follows, with david right behind her. david sits in front of liza on the floor and liza begins playing with david's hair. then suddenly, we're all laughing. david tells a story about what jason did the other day, and he couldn't film it because his camera was dead.

at some point, heath brought out the alcohol. he handed me a bottle of beer, but david quickly swiped it out of my hand. i groaned.

"it's just one time david."

"no gabriella." is all he says.

i sigh. zane winks at me, and when david's not looking, i take a swig of zane's beer. it's sour and not like the alcohol i had at a party in my junior year. i realize todd's eyes are on me as i force myself to not make a face. i look at him and he immediately looks away.

"where's alex?" i say to david, realizing i haven't seen him today yet. david shrugs, mentioning something about visiting family. i nod, turning back to the group.

we spend hours talking about david's success and the annoying things he does. he groans and rolls his eyes every time but i can tell he secretly loves the teasing. he pulls out his camera every now and then and films liza saying a pun, or zane making a joke. he films me sitting in liza's lap at some point and liza makes the "shes the better dobrik" joke and both david and i laugh.

time passes quickly and i realize it's 2 am before liza and david leave. heath is completely shit-faced, laying face-down on the wooden floor. zane is passed out on the couch, and both kristen and scott went to bed. i walk to the kitchen and see todd there, pouring himself a bowl of lucky charms. he's shirtless again. i want to complain but i also want to stare? this is so confusing.

he says a quick hey when he notices i'm standing at the edge of the kitchen.

"hey yourself." i say, giving him a small smile. i suddenly realize i took too many sips of zane's beer as i hear my words mush together when they come out of my mouth. "can i have some?" i say before being able to stop myself. i pull out a chair at the kitchen table and sit.