Chapter twelve

*******

Soon they fell into a particular rhythm. They would have lunch together at the office, go on dates on friday nights and go to church together on Sundays. It has been six months since their first date and Crystal never regretted going on that date with him.

She was crazily in love with him and she believed he loved her too. He was the best boyfriend anyone could ask for and her life couldn't be more perfect.

What exactly did i do to deserve him... She wondered as her eyes landed on the recent bouquet of roses he got her. He knew she loved flowers so he sent them regularly.

Work had even started to get more interesting due to a certain someone. Glancing at the clock, she realized it was already noon. She had better be on her way.

"Hi babe" she entered his office

Michael smiled as he came around his desk to peck her lips "hi yourself"

"Are you ready for lunch?"

"sure, let me get my jacket"

When they got to the restaurant they settled down as a pretty waitress approached them

"hello sir.. What would you like to order" the waitress battted her fake eye lashes at him

"we would have pasta. Thank you" crystal spoke up in an icy tone

"and you sir?" the waitress ignored Crystal

Micheal struggled not to laugh "Same as the lady" he told her in a dismissive tone.

The waitress huffed in anger at his lack of interest and walked away making sure to increase the sway of her hips.

As soon as she left, Micheal burst out laughing "jealous much?" he teased Crystal

Crystal rolled her eyes in anger. As if the waitress had anything to be jealous of. But deep down in her heart she knew she was jealous. Micheal received far too much attention from the ladies. They were either trying to get his attention from afar or flirting boldly with him.

When they initially started dating, it really frustrated her but it didn't faze her that much again. She was slowly accepting it, especially after seeing that Micheal barely looked at them. He had always assured of her of his love whenever he noticed she was jealous.

Soon their order arrived and Crystal dug in quickly, she was very hungry. Few minutes later, Micheal spoke up " i have been thinking about our date this Friday and i want us to do something different" he looked thoughtful

"different... Like what" she reached for her drink

Micheal met her eyes " i want to cook for you"

Crystal nearly choked on her wine " you want to cook for me? why? I don't mind us going out"

" i know. But i have wanted to take care of you ever since i met you. And that includes cooking for you. I have just been too nervous to do it, but i want to do it now" his eyes held a certain kind of passion meant only for her

Crystal felt overwhelmed with emotions. He had a way making her feel cherished even without touching her " you know i love you right" she took his hand from across the table

Micheal nodded and squeezed her hand "eat up before your food get cold" he told her

******
Micheal didn't want to lie to himself, he was nervous. This was the first time he would cook for a woman. He hadn't really bothered before but Crystal was different. He had this primal urge to take care of her and he would be damned if didn't do just that. He wondered if she would like his little surprise.

At six the door bell rang. Micheal opened the door and stepped aside to let her in, the he hugged her. She was wearing his favourite perfume " you smell nice and look..." he stopped and ran his eyes over her frame " and look ravishing" he smiled at her

Crystal tried to step out of his embrace to hide her embarrassment but he wouldnt hear of it. Instead he pulled her closer and placed his face in her neck. He felt content just holding her and wanted to spend some more minutes like that but their food was getting cold. He stepped away from her and then took her hand, leading her to the dining table.

Crystal gasped as soon as the dinning table came into view. She lost herself staring in awe. The light was off and in its place sweet scented candles were lighted all around the table. There were several bouquets of red roses in the middle of the table. Her favourite dish was displayed on the table.

Micheal cleared his throat to bring her back to reality. He was glad she was pleased " baby this is so beautiful... You really outdid yourself. Thank you" she told him as she hugged him

"anything for you" he returned her affection "come on lets eat" he led her to the table.

They said their prayers and began eating. Micheal spent his time watching Crystal eat rather than eating... He really love this woman, she didn't even know half of how much he loved her.. No one else could love her the way he did... Micheal thought at he move to pour her more wine.

"this is really delicious" she swallowed a mouthful "i didn't know you could cook this well" she paused her fork midday to her mouth and dropped it "why aren't you eating?"

"Ohhh! I will eat later. Am having my fill just watching you eat"

Crystal shook her head and got back to eating. damn this guy.. He really knew how to make someone melt with flattery... Crystal thought as she tried to stop her fluttering heart

"you have something on your face" he told her

"really? Where?" she moved her hand to her face only for someone to grip it

"let met he help you" he offered

Crystal nodded and watched as he slowly brought his tumb to her face, never breaking eye contact with her. Her heartbeat sped up and the butterflies in her stomach went on rampage. His hand reached her face and he gently wiped off the salad cream that stuck to the side if her lips, rubbing his tumb over her lower lip in the process.

Crystal breath hitched in her throat as she stared into his eyes. She was mesmerized by them and couldn't look away even if she wanted to. He brought his hand to his mouth and licked off the salad cream, an intense look in his eyes. Even though Crystal was inexperienced in the ways of men... She was sure that it was desire she saw in Micheal eyes. It was becoming hard to wait until marriage.

"better now" he deep voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

She nodded and averted her gaze. How he could still talk was a mystery to her since it seemed at though her voice was lost. He was really doing nice job controlling himself.

"hey lets dance" he held out his hand to her and helped her up.

Micheal led her to sway to the sound of the music as he brought her closer to him. It was on of Bruno Mars songs. He stared into her eyes as he moved them slowly not breaking contact.

Crystal had to remind herself to breath. Soon the music stopped but neither of them changed positions. His face that was merely few inches away from her began leaning closer. Without thinking she raised herself on her toes and met him halfway. As soon as their lips met fireworks erupted in her and the doorbell rang.

Micheal gave out a frustrated groan before stepping away from her to check who the intruder was. When he opened the door, his mind went numb "what the hell are you doing here" he asked hotly despite his fear.

*******
Don't forget to vote