Harsh Times.

After Yang-Jian continually beat the tree, until his knuckles were white with pain, he started to walk past. The man, Harry, followed him begging him to listen. He asked him what the logic was. Why he insisted on beating the tree and why he would not allow himself to be healed. Yang-Jian was feeling quite uncomfortable with the man always constantly bickering on about him so he just shut him out of his head and continued walking. He would have liked to make conversation with the man but he was afraid of being tempted into cheating Arcturus. He had to prove himself, he had to.

 To live you must be strong. To be strong you cannot take shortcuts. He repeated these words in his head as he walked along. Harry, however, did not give up. He would never give up, he was like a very annoying parrot. Always repeating the same words always the same pleading the same begging. Yang-Jian did not know what to do, the offer suddenly seemed much more tempting as he thought about it. Arcturus would never need to know. He could take a rest, he could stop the pain. He could.... but no, this was not the way. Yang-Jian would not let himself be distracted by petty shortcuts.

 He needed to prove to himself that he was strong, that he was capable. There was no way he could do that if he cheated. This was a test of endurance of pain and stamina. He would not fail this test, he would prove himself a worthy student. He needed to, for the world was a harsh place to live in and Yang-Jian lived by a simple rule: survival of the fittest. Life was not fair, the only way you can win is if you are better, stronger, fitter than everyone else. I alone, can beat them but first, I must conquer myself thought Yang-Jian.

  Through his mind a constant debate was forming; But surely a little bit of magic wouldn't hurt? NO! No magic, he must abide to the rules. Come on, just a little helping hand? Arcturus needn't know? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! ARCTURUS SAID NO MAGIC AND HE MEANT IT!!! If we cheat no-one would know, what is the point in attacking this tree anyway? what do I achieve? I achieve everything, I prove my loyalty! Prove your loyalty? What are you? A dog? No. I am a warrior and this is the only path! 

With that resolution Yang-Jian finally reached the orphanage and to his surprise Harry, seemed to have just vanished. And in his hand, there was a single note, folded up into a neat square with a bulge in the middle. Strange, he had not felt it. As he returned to the dormitory he sat on the corner of his dingy bed and began to unfold the note. The other orphans were all in the kitchen snatching morsels of food at the moment so he was guaranteed some privacy. Slowly, he lifted the bottom corner up wards and as he did so, a small object fell out of it. Surprised by the falling object, Yang-Jian let out an audible gasp. The object in question was a tiny square bottle.

Child of the Ether (Summoner Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें