How can I love you?

Chapter 3

Georgia's Pov

I had somehow, gotten my head around it, after maybe an hour or two of hyperventalating, crying and thinking. I had gotten hungry and ate the food that was left for me. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I should eat it but I swallowed my pride becuase I was too hungry. A female servant came in to take the empty tray away and then came back to prepare me to meet the prince. Of course I wasn't happy about this, I wasn't even okay with it. I had just grasped the concept of vampires. That was it. She fixed my make up and hair. I didn't know why. I took deep breaths while she led me down the beautifully decorated hallway and into a large room. At the back of the room, there was a huge throne. It was had a red velvet seat with gold lining. The gold had designs woven into it. I was becoming more and more panicked as time went on. The servant didn't speak to me and I was forced to wait in silence for the prince and listen to my own heart beating in my ears. It seemed to grow louder as the seconds passed.

The King entered the room and took to his throne. He wasn't an old man. He looked to be in his forties, although these were vampires. He could be in his hundreds for all I knew. He was an attactive man for his age. The servant bowed to him and I copied her, not sure what I was supposed to do. "Georgia." He spoke softly. I jumped slightly at the sound of his voice and looked up to him. "Such a lovely human" he smiled, appraising me with his eyes. I felt uncomfortable at his long stare and I looked to the floor. At some point, the Prince had entered. I was unaware of this. I had my head down until I was addressed again. My eyes burned as the tears threatened to fall. There was a guard on either side of me. "Thank you Jayne. You may leave now." He stated and I looked to my right as she bowed and left, not looking to me.

I looked back to the King again and saw that his son was standing by him this time. He was staring at me expressionless. My heart pounded harder and faster as I stared at him. He was a very tall boy. His short hair was a dark brown and was tousled slightly and his eyes were black. His features were beautiful. He wore black trousers and a white shirt. I couldn't help but stare into his eyes. They showed no emotion, yet they were so deep. "Alright Philip. You may leave with her." He turned his head to his father and nodded at him. He began to walk toward me. I was so frightened I took two steps backwards awkwardly. The guards on either side of me grabbed an arm each. They pulled me back to where I was very roughly. They're hands squeezed my fore-arms very tightly. I winced and took a sharp intake of breath. When I looked back to the Prince, his expression was angry. "Let go." he said. His voice was clear and full of authority. The guards let go of my arms and two white marks showed up where their hands were.

The Prince walked passed me, taking one of my hands and leading me out of the room. His hand was ice cold and firm though I felt he was being gentle somehow. My breathing became ragged as he lead me upstairs. When we arrived to a door, I was barely able to breath. He opened it and pulled me in. He let go of my hand and went to close the door. I guessed we were in his room. It was a blue colour. It was dark. There carpet was white and the bed covers were black and blue. It was as big as the white room I was in a while ago. I stood with my hands limp by my sides and I looked at the floor, petrified of what might happen. The Prince walked by me and went to sit on the bed. I heard him sigh. "Georgia?" he said, as if to question and make sure that was my name. I looked up at him. He stared at me, looking a little concerned. He masked it after a moment and went back to being emotionless. "Come here." he said, patting the bed beside him. I stared at the spot on the bed, blinking. I was scared beyond words. I shook my head the tinniest bit. He forwned and then stood up and approached me.

' He stood in front of me, leaving a small distance between us. I focused back on his face, panicking. "You have to do as I tell you Georgia. You're to be my... wife." He said the last part grudgingly. I looked at him and managed to speak. "Why?" My voice was weak. He came up to me and put his cold hand on my cheek. I looked into his eyes. He looked sincere. "I'm sorry." He said simply. My breath shuddered and I leaned away from his touch. He pulled me to the bed and I sat down. I looked at my lap and he pulled my face to look at him. His eyes were soft now. He lay a gentle kiss on my cheek before he pecked my lips. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. His breathing became heavy and shallow. He began kissing me again, only this time with more passion. My hands lay in my lap shaking. He took both my hands in his and held them steady so that they wouldn't shake. I relaxed a little bit and kissed him back. It was hard to resist when he tasted so good and he felt the way he did. I let out a small sigh and the kiss deepened. He began to get very involved and moved his hands to my waist. He pulled me onto his lap and kept kissing me.