o n e

thank you to the moon and back for checking this story out. whether you came from if this is love or not, i'm incredibly happy that you're taking the time to read the first chapter at least. i hope this story gets the same support as my other stories have gotten. you all amaze me with the insane amount of support i've gotten throughout the years and i couldn't be more happier.
i love each and every one of you. enjoy the new book💜

Worth the Wait: 1 | Lunch Dates
| Laura Marano |

| Wednesday, March 4th, 2021 |

Living on my own has taught me a few things. 1, you can't rely on your parents for money or food. 2, you have to plan out your grocery list by where your items are located in the store to make it fast and easy. 3, you have to clean your house all the freaking time. 4, you have to pay bills on time or else you get a fee of being late. And 5, everything is suddenly really expensive. Sure, I'm 25 years old and I have enough money for literally almost everything and anything I want. Heck, I could pretty much buy myself a mansion that's worth 3 or 4 million dollars and still have plenty of money to buy a brand new Tesla with the most updated gadgets, and so much more. Does that mean I'll buy all these fancy things? Hell. No. I have a decent sized one story cozy home with two bedrooms and a music room. I have a huge deck with cute outdoor furniture, a nice front porch with one of those bench swings that can fit three people on it. I have a hot tub that I rarely use because I'm so tired and almost never have guests over.

Ralphs:
ranch ✔️
pizza sauce ✔️
noodles✔️

mozzarella cheese✔️
pepperoni ✔️
cream cheese ✔️
eggs✔️

pizza dough✔️
flour✔️
chocolate chips✔️

a case of water
passionfruit, pamplemousse, berry, and mango la coix

throat coat tea
green tea

vitamin c
muti-vitamins

tampons super + and regular
panty liners
shampoo
conditioner

And that's exactly what I'm looking for. I wouldn't really need the flour and chocolate chips, but Vanessa is suppose to make chocolate chip cookies for her boyfriends niece is staying with them for a few nights and she's 7 and loves chocolate chip cookies. Sighing, I walk down the drink aisle while pushing my cart and stop at the cases of la coix. One by one, I pick up the 8 pack of passionfruit, the 8 pack of beery, the 8 pack of pamplemousse, and the 8 pack of mango before continuing my walk down to the cases of water. Another thing I have learned: I'm way too weak to be picking up cases of water. You think I'd get a clue. I always grunt and pant, I always wobble as I stand up, I always breathe heavy by the time I drop it in the bottom of my cart. This time was no different.

"Wow, you think you'd be able to lift that by now." A familiar voice says. "You, my friend, need to go lift." With a smile and a slight push up of my glasses, I turn around and look up to meet Ross' face. He was wearing a long sleeved thicker gray shirt, blue ripped jeans, his nasty black converse, his red SnapBack on backwards, and sunglasses hanging from his shirt. Where as myself, I'm dressed in blue ripped jeans and a red USC sweatshirt I got from a few years back and some white knockoff vans with my glasses and almost medium length hair natural.

"First of all, I'm little. It's expected that I can't lift these things especially when I'm not athletic whatsoever." I tell him. "And second of all, my friend, you have no room to judge." He laughs the slightest and walks closer, greeting me with a hug. I go on my tip-toes and wrap my arms around his neck, letting him give me a soft squeeze.