Chapter Twenty Four: The Oldest Box in the Universe

Start from the beginning

From just across from him, the prisoner by the name 'River' rushed to the bars of her cell.

"Give me that." She demandedfranticly. "Seriously, just give it to me. I'm entitled to phone calls."

The guard looked at her, and after amoment of hesitation, he looked up and down the hall and crossed to give her the telephone.

"Doctor?" She asked immediately, a slight tone of desperation in her voice as she turned away from the guard and moved further into the cell.

"No, and neither are you."The unmistakable grumble of Winston Churchill replied. "Where is he?"

"You're phoning the Time Vortex." She replied rapidly. "It doesn't always work. But the Tardis is smart. She's re-routed the call." She cast a subtle look over her shoulder. "Talk quickly. This connection will last less than a minute."

"Doctor Song." The guard called, becoming annoyed. "Are you finished with that?"

River slowly lowered the phone from her ear and subtly reached a hand down her bra, turning around and returningthe telephone with a smile, her lips coated a pinkish-red.

"You're new here, aren't you?"

The guard reached from the phone, suspicious and slightly nervous. "First day."

"Then I'm very sorry." River apologised, pulling him to the bars and kissing him through the bars.

Sometime later, a group of armed guards ran to the cell, alarm sirens having sounded not too long ago. Coming to a stop outside the cell, the guard was inside, pointing his gun at something.

"Stay exactly where you are." One of the new comer guards commanded.

"She had the lipstick." The one inside the cell replied, not taking his eyes off his target and wiping his lips with the back of his sleeve, a smirk present on his lipstick smudged lips. "The hallucinogenic lipstick. She tried to use it on me. Your tricks don't work in here, Doctor Song."

The guards stared on in befuddlement, with the exception of one, who lowered his gun in annoyance and disappointment. The guard was pointing his gun at a stick drawing on the wall with the word'Bye!' written inside a bubble.

Doctor Song was long gone.

[The Royal Collection 5145]

As Doctor Song walked around once magnificent grand foyer, she looked expertly at the empty frames hang in the empty hallways. It took a few moments, but she found the painting she was looking for and tore it out of its frame, taking care to delicately roll it up.

However, she only got halfway up a staircase before blinding lights came on.