Chapter Five: Please, just stop!

[Overflow pipe]

"There's nothing broken, there's no sign of concussion and yes, you are covered in sick." The Doctor informed Amy.

"Where are we?"

"Overspill pipe, at a guess."

"Oh, God, it stinks." Amy complains.

"Oh, that's not the pipe."

She sniffs herself. "Oh. Phew. Can we get out?"

"One door, one door switch, one condition. We forget everything we saw. Look familiar?"

It was a Forget button.

"That's the carrot. Ooo, here's the stick." The Doctor said staring at the two Smiler booths as they light up.

"There's a creature living in the heart of this ship. What's it doing there?" The Doctor asked them.

The Smilers become Frowners.

"No, that's not going to work on me, so come on. Big old beast below decks, and everyone who protests gets shoved down its throat. That how it works?"

Frowners became Scowlers.

"Oh, stop it." The Doctor scolded them. "I'm not leaving and I'm not forgetting, and what are you fellows going to do about it? Stick out your tongues, huh?"

The booths opened and the Smilers stepped out.

"Doctor?" Amy asked nervously. Out of no where, Liz stepped up between the Doctor and Amy and shot the Smilers.

"Look who it is." The Doctor grinned. "You look a lot better without your mask."

Liz addressed Amy. "You must be Amy. Liz. Liz Ten."

"Hi."

"Yuck. Lovely hair, Amy. Shame about the sick. You know Mandy, yeah?" She said, hugging the girl to her side. "She's very brave."

"How did you find us?" The Doctor asks.

"Stuck my gizmo on you. Been listening in. Nice moves on the hurl escape. So, what's the big fella doing here?"

"You're over sixteen, you've voted. Whatever this is, you've chosen to forget about it."

"No. Never forgot, never voted, not technically a British subject."

"Then who and what are you, and how do you know me?" The Doctor asked.

"You're a bit hard to miss, love." She replied, amused. "Mysterious stranger, M.O consistent with higher alien intelligence, hair of an idiot. I've been brought up on the stories. My whole family was."

"Your family?"

The Scowlers start twitching and sparking.

"They're repairing. Doesn't take them long. Let's move."

[Sub basement 4]

"The Doctor." Liz continued. "Old drinking buddy of Henry Twelve. Tea and scones with Liz Two. Vicky was a bit on the fence about you, weren't she? Knighted and exiled you on the same day. And so much for the Virgin Queen, you bad, bad boy."

"Liz Ten." He realised.

"Liz Ten, yeah. Elizabeth the Tenth. And down!" She turns, they duck, and she shoots the repaired Scowlers again.

She grinned at them. "I'm the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule."

[Corridor]