Chapter Seven: Love is stronger than Pain

[Map room]

"More Nazi bombers approaching in strike formation. Incendiary bombs have hit the East End of London."

"At last." Churchill grumbled. "Are they ready?"

Bracewell looked up. "I hope so. But in the meantime, this will pick up Dalek transmissions."

Bracewell's rigged radar scanner picks up a picture of the White Dalek and the Doctor.

"WE ARE THE PARADIGM OF A NEW DALEK RACE."

"It's him." Amy exclaimed. "It's the Doctor."

"SCIENTIST, STRATEGIST-"

[Spaceship]

"-DRONE, ETERNAL, AND THE SUPREME."

"Which would be you, I'm guessing." The Doctor said. "Well, you know, nice paint job-"

[Map room]

"-I'd be feeling pretty swish if I looked like you. Pretty supreme."

Emily sighed. "He's got company. New company. And he's complimenting them. And making puns. You've got to hurry up."

Bracewell answers the phone.

"Yes? . . . Right. Right, thanks . . . Ready when you are, Prime Minister."

"Splendid." Churchill exclaimed.

"Spaceship's exact coordinates located."

"Go to it, Group Captain." The PM ordered. "Go to it."

"Broadsword to Danny Boy. Broadsword to Danny Boy. Scramble. Scramble. Scramble."

[Spaceship]

"Question is." The Doctor continued. "What do we do now? Either you turn off your clever machine or I'll blow you and your new paradigm into eternity."

"AND YOURSELF."

He shrugged. "Occupational hazard."

The Blue Dalek rolls forward.

"SCAN REVEALS NOTHING. TARDIS SELF DESTRUCT DEVICE NON-EXISTENT."

The Doctor eats his biscuit. "All right, it's a Jammy Dodger, but I was promised tea."

An alarm sounds.

"ALERT. UNIDENTIFIED PROJECTILE APPROACHING. CORRECTION, MULTIPLE PROJECTILES."

The White Dalek turns to the Doctor. "WHAT HAVE THE HUMANS DONE?"

"I don't know." He said honestly.

"EXPLAIN. EXPLAIN. EXPLAIN."

"Danny Boy to the Doctor. Danny Boy to the Doctor. Are you receiving me? Over."

"Oh ho! Winston, you beauty." He shouts and looks outside to see a flight of Spitfires are on their way.

"Danny Boy to the Doctor. Come in. Over."

"Loud and clear, Danny Boy. Big dish, side of the ship. Blow it up. Over."

"EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR."

But the Doctor was already running for the Tardis.

[Map room]