Chapter Twenty Three: Just Kiss Her!

Start from the beginning

'Should have brought ear muffs', Emily thought as she watched the Doctor dodge other players whilst dribbling the ball.

"That's not bad." Sophie said to Emily, only to quickly revert back to shouting. "Yes! Go!"

"Yeah, surprisingly enough." She muttered with a wince, subtly rubbing her ear.

She frowned as she sawCraigin peripheral call out 'One two, one two,' to the Doctor, only to be ignored.

"Go on, Doctor! Go on, Doctor!" Sophie yelled, yet again.

The crowd started yelling and stamping their feet as he scored yet another goal. "Doctor! Doctor! You're brilliant. You're amazing."

"Come on, Craig. Catch up, mate." One team mate said, passing Craig in a light jog.

Severely fed up with the Doctor flashy antics, Emily called out to their generous new flatmate. "Come on, Craig. Show them what you've got."

He looked up, taking a moment to search the crowd, but a smile never the less reaching his face once he saw Emily jumping up and down with her thumbs up and a massive grin stretching across her face.

•|•

Emily cheered Craig on as he wasabout to take the kick, but quickly became angered when the Doctor stole it from him and scored again to general rejoicing.

"Oh yes, I love this game." The Doctor yelled.

While spectators on the side-lines started to chant his name, Emily kept a poisonous stink eye on his form, not at all impressed, because she could see that the more goals the Doctor stole from him, the more Craig became dejected.

Oh, he was getting an earful next time there was no one around.

•|•

"You are so on the team." Sean exclaimed, slapping a heavy hand on the Doctor's shoulder. "Next week we've got the Crown and Anchor. We're going to annihilate them."

Having been too buisy looking at his red-haired companion from the corner of his eye, the metaphor was lost on the Doctor. "Annihilate?" He said in alarm. "No. No violence, do you understand me? Not while I'm around. Not today, not ever. I'm the Doctor, the Oncoming Storm, and-"

"-you basically meant beat them in a football match," the previously mentioned red-haired companion interrupted, a fake smile aimed at Sean and a half glare at the Doctor. "Didn't you?"

"Yeah." Sean said, looking at the Doctor weirdly.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, not liking being glared at by Emily, he pretended like nothing happened.

"Lovely, what sort of time?"

Everyone became distracted by Craig, who had opened a can only for it to spilloverhimself, causing everyone to let out hearty laughs.

Even Emily let a smile slip through her annoyance.

Everyone became distracted by Craig, who had opened a can only for it to spill over himself, causing everyone to let out hearty laughs.

Emily looked around and frowned.

Everyone became distracted by Craig, who had opened a can only for it to spill over himself, causing everyone to let out hearty laughs.