4. The Vanishing of Will Byers

Eleven's POV

He was a nice man. I sat in the bigger room and ate what he called 'French fries' they were good. He went back into the hot room and he called it a 'kitchen' he also was cooking up a flat brown thing it smelled good, he called it a 'burger' it was meat he said. We sat down, "Your parents forget to feed you? Is that why you ran away?" He asked me, I had continued to eat. "They, uh hurt ya?" I was to afraid to answer. "You want to the hospital, you got scared, you ran off, you wound up here, is that it?" I looked up at him. "All right." He leaned over towards me and grabbed my burger. "I'll give this back, all right? And you can have as much as you want. All right? Maybe even some ice cream. But you gotta answer a few of my questions, all right?" He smiled. "We gotta deal." I knew he was trying to be nice. "All right, let's start with the easy stuff. All right?" He put his hand out. "My names Benny. Benny Hammond." Why was he sticking his hand out? "See like this, here." He grabbed my hand and his hand and shakes it. "I got you. Don't worry. It's ok." We shook hands. "Nice to meet you, yeah. And you are?" What should I do? Should I tell him, I'm really hungry still. I think I can trust him. Before I could do anything he turnedg my arm over and say my number, my name. He pulled back. "Eleven?What's that mean? What's it mean?" I decided. "No." I spoke. He was shocked "Well, I'll be da****. She speaks." He smiled. '"No?' No what?" He asked. It's my name. I kept quite "All right. I guess no more food, then." I was starving. "Eleven." I spoke. He looked back at me. "Yeah. What's it mean?" I pointed to myself.

Mike's POV

She was right we had to do something and I totally agreed with her. "She's right." I spoke, Dustin looked back at me "But chief told us not too." Dustin said. "Well screw the chief, we are going after Will." Lucas agreed. "Dustin don't be a woos." Uh not this again. "Hey don't call me that." "Hey both of you cut it out. We need to make a plan." Y/N said. Both of them were embarrassed. She walked to her Bike "So where are we looking first?" What? "Huh?" We all look over at her. "I thought you said to make a plan." I said. She rolled her eyes. "Now you wanna listen to me? Ok." She had responded. "Ok the plan is to go home first so our parents or Hopper don't suspect anything and later I will call you and we can look for him." I had the idea since we didn't want Hopper to figure it out. They all nodded their heads.

Lucas's POV

We all went home. Their was two problems now in my life, Will's disappearance and my love life, I didn't know which one was bigger problem. It was now dinner time and it was fish and steamed carrots, I'm not a picky eater but those were my least two favorite foods. "So Lucas, how's school going?" My dad asked. "Uh it's alright." "What's the problem?" I had to sorta lie "You didn't hear? Will's gone missing." I could tell he was upset. "Oh son everything will be alright. So how's Dustin." Oh no. He's uh as normal as Dustin can be." He laughed. "I better go put the dishes away. Wo I'm stuffed." I lied, I hate that stuff. I ran upstairs and just sat waiting for something and then you get lost in your own problems, that's what happened to me. "Should I ask her to hangout some time with me? Maybe? No... Yes..." I talked to myself. "Hey Luky. Whatcha talking about? Oh no it wash sister Erica. "Erica don't you have better things to do?!" I closed my door, then I heard it. Mike was in the walkie talkie. "Lucas do you copy, we're ready. Over." "I copy over." It was time.

Eleven's POV

The bad men came through the door. They shot him. I had no other choice but to run, so I did, I ran into the cold wet forest. I still hear voices but they were faint. There were flash lights ahead, it sounded like other kids. It was dark and cold here I wanted to be back with the man Benny but... I had to keep running. The leafs crinkled below me, I head the voices again they were right in front of me "Dustin, shut up." I heard a voice cry out. "I'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?" Another voice said. "Shut up. Shut up. Do you guys hear that?" I want paying attention but before I knew it the light was in my face. They had found me. We were frozen they stared at me.

Y/N POV

I was late coming with the guys but I followed minutes after. "Mike! Lucas! Dustin! Where are you?" I called out to them in the walkie talkie. ".... You my want to head over here quick." Dustin responded. "Is it Will?" "No just come by the edge of Mabel road in the tree line." "Ok." What were they talking about?