|two sides|

"Okay, Lis, tell me, which one should I use? This one—or this?"

The blonde should congratulate herself for refraining from deadpanning at the pretty brunette. She should also congratulate herself for not throwing a look that says, 'Are you fucking kidding me?' For once, Lisa was really at a loss for words as she stared at Jennie across from her before averting her eyes to the nail polishes. It seemed like Jennie had once more reverted to her ditzy-blonde stage. Lisa had suspected she was faking it, alongside the many other suspicions she held towards this girl; it just couldn't be possible to be that incredibly stupid. Sometimes, she wondered if her mother had thrown her against the wall as an infant—that would've explained a lot of things. She watched as her black eyes clashed against her hazel ones, hers now narrowed into mere slits.

Lisa realised Jennie was still waiting for her response.

The blonde tried to arrange her face into an expression that showed the brunette she was actually in deep thought. Randomly, Lisa pointed to the nail polish on the right. "I think you should use this one." Jennie frowned then; she guessed the brunette was actually considering it for a moment before blinking, her lips forming into a smile. To her dismay, Jennie released a squeal, followed by a bone-crushing hug as the brunette crushed her in a tight embrace.

Her eyes danced with excitement, "Oh thank you, babe! You have like, incredible taste!" 

Instead of throwing a snarky remark, Lisa smiled somewhat modestly, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She watched as Jennie turned around to face the front, applying the polish on her nails despite Ms. Park's several warnings to pay attention. She laughed subtly—she wouldn't expect any less from the brunette. Lisa dug her hand into her bag and took out a notebook, not bothering to do the same as she has already read up on the material, a week in advance.

She opened the cover of her notebook and thumbed through the pages idly, turning to a fresh, blank sheet. Taking a pen from her pencil case, she began to write.

—Thought 213: Observation of Kim Jennie

Day 105: I was right; she has gone back to her previous persona. Observe patiently and wait for her next move. She has to be hiding something, I'm sure of it. It won't be long until I find out what it was. I want to be the one to crush her.

—Thought 214: Jeon transferred today. What do I do? He's changed so drastically—he's so beautiful now. Clingy... Needy... Broken... Eager to please. Oh, isn't he wonderful? Like a dog, obediently following his master wherever he goes... He drives my desires to insanity. I need to have a word with him though, if he has any plans on telling on me—I'll hammer the lesson into his brain this time. Sometimes you have to be mean to be kind, you see, and I'll make sure he'll remember it.

—Though 215: My resources told me that Mingyu has been snooping around. He won't get very far without any solid information, but I'll have to be careful from now on.

Lisa smiled as she closed her notebook shut. Stuffing it in her bag, she folded her arms as she leaned back against the chair with her eyes closed. She began to concentrate on her surroundings. To her right, she could hear the obnoxious Kim Jisoo, and her accomplice Lim Nayeon, giggling loudly; bitching about the latest gossip of the school. To her front was Kim Jennie, texting furiously to Jisoo with the subtle beeping noises from her phone.

They said Jisoo and Jennie were inseparable—she can't have that, can she? The blonde smirked.

To her right, Lisa could her scribbles. Minatozaki Sana, a smart brunette who would always come second beside her, writing furiously—notes, she assumed. Sana had always been jealous since she claimed to be Mingyu's girlfriend, as well as the position of the smartest girl in school. The blonde crushed her dreams by taking those spots. When she heard Sana was going after the position of the newspaper club, Lisa snagged it before she could, unintentionally upsetting the brunette. She felt no qualms about taking pleasure in it, however, it was nowhere near satisfying.