XX. HEAD IN THE THUNDER

Bắt đầu từ đầu

    "No, Emmalina! No! I'm not going out in that!" He prodded a finger at the window smothered with raindrops. "I know exactly what you're thinking; I'm not stupid!"

      "Come on, Miles!" I pleaded as I began to tug on his dusty Ravenclaw robes. "It'll be so much fun; please!" I began whining.

    He answered with an almighty sigh, before saying, "Fine, only for a little bit though!"

      My smile became wider than before. I quickly placed my hand in his as we scurried out of the Common Room. After a couple of minutes, our footsteps began rhythmically pounding down a flight of stairs which would have taken us straight to the courtyard below.

              As Miles came to a sudden halt, I had no hesitation in running ahead without him, and straight into the heavy rain. The thick drops instantly poured onto my skin, and as I glanced back towards Miles, he looked utterly surprised.

   "You're bloody crazy, you are!" He attempted to shout over the vigorous lightning.

               "Just come on!" I pleaded. "It's not even that bad once you're out here!" I was able to notice the boy furrow his brows, and hand me the 'did you seriously just say that' expression.

        Hesitantly, he placed a foot out of the shelter, and his shoe was automatically coated with raindrops. He took another step, then another, and another and before he was able to think twice about going back, his full body was soaked, leaving not one dry bone in his body.

    I began to laugh uncontrollably as I skipped around the place, I looked up, noticing that the icy sky above was still restlessly grumbling. It looked as though the black clouds were being dragged down furiously by the rain. I took both my feet step by step off the dampened grass, and began sliding across the slippery concrete. Miles begun doing the same, sliding towards me and placing his palms heavily onto my shoulders.

       The raindrops were curving around a seemingly endless maze of my tangled hair, before they dropped softly back onto the ground below, soaking into the concrete.

               "We should really go back inside!" Miles bellowed, attempting to overpower the roaring sound of yet another lightning strike. "It's getting dangerous now!"

     "I think you're right!" I shouted back.

        "Of course I am, silly."

            "Oh shut up."

      The two of us connected our fingers with a slight struggle, before frantically scurrying back inside.

       Once we'd taken shelter, we immediately stopped; breathing and panting heavily. What an experience, I thought to myself. Just as the two of us made our way back to the Common Room, we came to a sudden halt once we'd heard a pair of rather familiar voices.

      Miles and I both turned around, and noticed Harry and Ron, shooting us toothy smiles. Without a second thought, I ran over to them, pulling them both into a tight hug — Miles was soon to follow behind me.

     "I'm so glad you guys are okay." I admitted in a rather muffled up voice. The four of us disconnected before the two Gryffindor boys quickly realised that their robes were now a little damper than before.

      Ron looked me up and down. "What the bloody hell have you been doing? And you!" He concluded, pointing a finger towards Miles.

       "Looks like they've been enjoying the weather." Harry joked, adjusting his glasses.

   "I guess that's one way to put it." I grinned.

          The four of us stood in a small circle for the next few minutes, laughing and joking. Of course, I'd asked the two Gryffindors what took place down in the Chamber — (from their point of view), and it was pretty much the same as what Miles had told me, all except for Harry's.

     "That thing was scary; I honestly thought I was dead as soon as I tripped over."

     After another few minutes of small talk, the four of us were yet again interrupted by not a voice, but a pair of light, brisk footsteps.

          "Oh, Merlin..."