XX. HEAD IN THE THUNDER

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's quite sad." I breathed, curling up the corner of my lips. "Maybe you should invite her down here sometime."

"Oh, I don't think that would be an excellent idea." She shook her head, tucking a few blonde stray hairs behind her ears. "She's very shy; she doesn't like too much company."

"Oh, well that's a shame."

The girl nodded. "Oh, and I'm Luna Lovegood by the way — what's your name?"

"Sorry, I'm Emmalina...Crow."

My words came out with a slight stutter. For some odd reason, I felt the need to say 'Ravenclaw.' Was it the turn of recent events that had changed my mind entirely about being a Crow? I didn't know...

"Nice to meet you, Emmalina."

               For the rest of the early morning, Luna and I talked about a variety of different things. As this was happening, I had a slightly weird feeling in my stomach, something to do with her friend. I hadn't a clue what it was, but something was telling me that her friend, she wasn't exactly, normal.

        While deep into another conversation with Luna, heavy panting and pounding footsteps managed to drag away my attention. I twisted my body around, only to notice a somewhat familiar blonde haired boy, with a seemingly painful cut on his forehead.

       "Miles!" I exclaimed as I began to run towards him. "What happened, are you alright? What about the others, and Gin—"

"Emmalina! Calm down!" He replied, grasping forcefully onto my shoulders.   Everything's fine — great for that matter!"

   Before beginning to ramble like I'd done moments before, I decided to say my goodbyes to Luna, but once I'd turned back around towards the fire, she was gone.

"Just, sit down, and I'll tell you everything, okay?" I nodded before he grabbed ahold of my fingers and pulled me towards the couch. We both took a seat, and if I was honest, I didn't know if I wanted to hear this story...

            "So...?"

     "Right, so I'll get straight to the point."

* * *

     "Wow." Was all I was able to say around fifteen minutes later. The story itself seemed, amazing. Amazing to such an extent that I wished I had have gone myself.

"So does that answer all of your questions?" Miles asked, raising a brow slightly.

"Yes, sorry." I chuckled.

       Then, all of a sudden, there was a loud bang. It seemed to have come from outside. Miles and I approached the nearest window, only to be greeted by a strike of illumines white lightning. It jagged rapidly across the late morning sky, tearing the once peaceful day like paper.

"Great, I've got Quidditch practise today."

"Not anymore, you don't."

      "Hmm — I've got an idea," I announced with a cheeky grin. Miles stared at me with wide eyes, almost as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.