Chapter 1: What do you say

It was a beautiful day in Canterlot, where a young bat pony cantered to the train station! Luza was finally going to see her family, but she wasn't filled with happiness, but loss. Luza watched her oldest cousin step off the train and embrace her. "Oye princesita," Blood Moon said calmy. "I'm sorry about what you're going through. But hey, you have us, Princess Luna, Flurry Heart, Shining Armor, Celestia, and your friends." Blood Moon was a red male bat pony. He was very protective of his little cousin, and a bit of a show-off. "Gracias Blu, I'm going to walk alone for a bit. Wait for the rest of our cousins." With that, Luza walked away. She sat by the front of her school, closed her eyes, and found herself sobbing. The young mare didn't notice that a new friend of hers had seen her crying. "Luza? Is everything ok?" Luza looked up to see Vanilla Frost in front of her. Nilla sat next to her and urged her to express her feelings. "Ok...this morning...my mom died....she passed away in her sleep..." Luza found herself crying again, but this time, in Nilla's embrace. A smile crept onto Nilla's face as she got an idea. She reached her hoof over and placed it by her neck, earning giggles.