Chapter One

Your POV

It was early in the morning, around 7:30 AM. You'd gotten up a half hour early to get ready for a show. Apparently, some rich boy had rented out the entire theatre for his own show at around 2:00, so you wanted to look your best.

You sat in your tent, lightly brushing out your hair. Your hair was the main reason you were in the show.

Ever since you were five, your hair continuously grew, no matter how much you cut it. By the time you were seven, you gave up on cutting it all together. It now ran all the way down your back to the floor, and a couple inches past that.

You didn't only have a lot of hair, but your voice was special, too. You had an extremely beautiful voice, and you were a talented actress.

You struggled slightly as you caught a knot in your hair. Groaning, you lightly tugged and the knot was gone.

As you brushed, you hummed to yourself. The flap to your tent opened, revealing your mother in the reflection of your mirror.

"Good morning." You said nicely. "How are our new arrivals?" Elsa had recently recruited Miss Desiree, the three breasted woman, and her husband, Dell, the strongman.

"Fine." Elsa replied. "Make sure to look extra pretty for today's performance." She walked out.

Once you'd brushed your hair, you reached for your makeup. You had an assortment of lipsticks and eyeshadows, but you went with a bright purple and blue eye look and a light blue lipstick. You shaped your lips to look like a rose bud.

Once you finished, you went out for breakfast. Amazon Eve and Ma Petite were already there once you got to the breakfast tent.

"Good morning, Miss (y/n)." Ma Petite said, her high-pitched voice and broken English making her even more adorable. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm fine, thank you." You replied, giving her a soft smile. You sat and chatted with the two of them until Jimmy came in. You instantly got up and hugged him.

Jimmy Darling was almost like your brother. To your surprise, he lifted you up and spun you around. You squealed and laughed at the same time.

"Jimmy, put me down!" You laughed. He did just that.

"You look nice." He gave you a small smile. It was true. You were wearing a long, shimmery silver gown that reached the floor. It was snug around the waist, but puffed out as it went lower. Your incredibly long hair was held back in an enormous bun you'd let down before the show started.

"Thank you." You said. You adjusted the silver shawl that was around your shoulders. "So, this guy's like really rich? I mean, he bought out the entire damn place. I wonder how many people he's bringing."

"I'm wondering the same thing." Jimmy took a short pull from a flask before handing it to you. "Want some?"

"I'm good." You sighed. "Just nervous."

Time Skip

Right before the show started, you stood behind the curtain. The weird thing was, you couldn't hear anyone talking.

"They must not be talkers." I said to Bette and Dot.

"That's because it's empty, you idiot." Dot rolled her eyes.

"I thought he bought out the whole place-" Just then, the lights went on. "Well, good luck."

Small Time Skip

"Thank you, Miss Amazon Eve!" You heard Jimmy announce. "Now, for our final act, we're going to bring out our Real Life Rapunzel, Miss (y/n) Mars!"

You heard a single person clap as you walked on stage. Looking out into the crowd, the only person who was clapping was a fragile-looking woman. Beside her sat her son, who seemed to be extremely intrigued by you. You pulled up the white, elbow length gloves you wore a bit as Jimmy continued talking.

"(Y/n) is known as the Real Life Rapunzel for obvious reasons." Jimmy said. "Please, (y/n), show the crowd your long locks."

You turned around and flipped your hair with your hand, the curtain of locks fluttering behind you.

"How long have you been growing out your hair?" Jimmy asked, handing you the microphone.

"Almost ten years." You spoke into the device. "No matter how much I cut it, it all grew back!"

"Yikes!" Jimmy laughed. "Well, then, today, Miss (y/n) will be singing for us. Take it away." You smiled and took a breath.

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships
That go sailin'

Somewhere beyond the sea
He's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to his arms
I'd go sailin'

On the small pause, you caught the boy's eye and winked. You saw his face go slightly red then back to normal. You had to admit that he was very attractive.

Dandy's POV

I couldn't help but just stare in awe at this woman. At first, the two-headed girl had caught my eye, but this girl, she was different.

During the song that she sang beautifully, she looked right into my eyes and winked. My heart fluttered. I usually wasn't one to express any sort of romantic emotions towards anyone, but she was making my romantic side crack.

I listened intently as she sang. She swished her hair a few times to show off the reason why she was considered a freak.

That's the thing: I didn't consider her a freak. I saw her as a normal girl who wanted to escape. I needed her.