Chapter 3

" Jumping out of hyperspace," Sabine's voice rang out, echoing throughout the silent cockpit, " In five, four, three, two and one." As if on cue their ship emerged from the colorful lights.

" I always love these colors," Sabine whispered breathlessly, not wanting to break the trance

" I always love these colors," Sabine whispered breathlessly, not wanting to break the trance. "when we get back home on the Ghost, I'm going to make a masterpiece based off of this."

Ezra glanced at Sabine. Her eyes were so full of wonder and amazement. She looked simply beautiful. If only...

He scolded himself. Focus on the mission. No distractions. If he was distracted, he couldn't protect Sabine, the Rebellion, Lothal, or himself. Anyway, the Ancient Jedi code that Kanan had made him read forbid attachments. He was always confused by that. Kanan was a jedi and he obviously was together with Hera. But then again, Kanan wasn't exactly the most traditional Jedi. But Ezra could still see the wisdom in the old masters and their rules. While they weren't always right, there was always reason behind the laws.

Force he would have to talk to Kanan about his feelings for Sabine. Surely his wise father figure would know how he felt and would help him in controlling his emotions.

They approached the Star destroyer with ease. A voice crackled from the radio. " Ship 22OP what's your docking status?" Ezra glanced at Sabine. He never really understood the Empire protocol. He always left it up to Sabine or Rex for these kind of things.

Sabine, having studied these codes back at the academy when she was a cadet answered, " We have a 2239. I repeat a 2239. Also my copilot and I require a 34222. Docking required please."

There was a pause on the other side of the line. Both teens were nervously glued to their seats. What if the Empire knew it was a trap? It was always nerve racking when they had to wait. Anything could happen. Ezra found himself remembering the bad feeling he had about the mission and clutched his light saber, ready to burst into action.

After a moment the voice came through on the radio once again. " Ship 22OP you are clear to proceed. Go to docking bay 296" Sabine and Ezra both breathed a sigh of relief. The hard part of actually getting into the base was over. They were lucky. Now all they had to do was smuggle the supplies out of the base and get away without getting noticed.

"What did you say to that officer back there? I mean what did those codes mean?" Ezra asked curiously, wondering what she could have possibly said.

Sabine grinned. " Well code 2239 basically means that our ship is contaminated with bugs so no one will want to come near it. That will provide an easy escape for us when we get the supplies. And code 34222 means that we are in a desperate state to go to the refresher or when you need to eat something because you are literally starving. That provides a 30 minute window for us to sneak in and then out." She replied a matter of factly.

Ezra whistled. " you always are a thorough one." He smiled at Sabine who smiled right back. As the ship approached the dock, Ezra wondered why he ever doubted this mission would go wrong in the first place

Meanwhile in the control room of the Star destroyer, Thrawn smirked. The 2 young rebels were aboard the base, looking for those " supplies ". Little did they know it was only a trap of his doing to lure them in. As according to his predictions, it was the young Jedi Ezra Bridger and the Mandolorian youth Sabine Wren. " Sir," an officer from behind him said. " the rebel scum are aboard dock 296. Should I send a fleet to finish them off?"

Thrawn held up his hand. " No, my dear officer. We wouldn't want to do that. They will escape far too easily that way. Don't underestimate these two. They are hardened warriors. Wait till they are in the storage room getting the supplies, and then when they are off their guard, attack. Do you understand me?"

The officer saluted him. " Yes sir, " He replied. " I shall do as you say, Grand Admiral."

Thraw smiled. " Good," he muttered "Very good,"

Dun dun dun!!!!! I'm a terrible person to leave this on a cliffhanger 😆😂😆😸