Cotton candy skies

Jeans POV
Ahh clean up day. The most disturbing day I have ever witnessed. Dead bodies everywhere. The intense smell of rotting flesh. The only pretty thing in my sight is the sky. I look up and stare at all the colours. Pink, blue, lilac, yellow, red and orange. It's like a painting, the colours are splashed out forming the wonderful sky colour. I look at the floor "I wonder where Marco is?" I haven't seen him since this morning. My breathing is muffled, I am wearing a mask that covers my mouth and nose. I continue to walk along while staring at my hands. I can see something from the corner of my eye. A body. I get the shivers but notice the hair... the freckles... the eyes. My heart thumps as I kneel down to the body. "Yo-you're Mar...co?" There is no words in the human language that could describe how I was feeling. I couldn't cry. Instead I felt like everything was closing in on me. I felt like the world was against me. All of a sudden I felt... Lonely. I reached my hand towards Marco but couldn't do anything else. "Wh-Why did you leave me?!" I started talking to Marco "I-I love you" I waited for a response but nothing. I am in shock and couldn't process anything. All of sudden memories and flashbacks hit my head all at once. I remembered him saying "Jeanyou aren't strong... But your orders are right thats why i'm alive" I remembered our first kiss, I remembered his sweet smiles I remembered everything. I clenched my heart. It was aching and it felt like it had been ripped out, stepped on and thrown away. An elder woman cane over to me "Do you know who this body is?" I gasped for a breathe. "MARCO KIRST- Marco... B-Bodt Marco Bodt. She scribbled his name down onto a piece of paper. "HE WAS THE BEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. THE WORLD DIDN'T DESERVE HIM. I DIDN'T DESERVE HIM" She looked at me like I was a maniac. She doesn't understand. She doesn't understand how it feels to have your best friend and the person you have loved... be gone. She passed me a blanket and walked off. I covered Marco and lifted him up. It reminded me of when I carried him bridal style. I felt like I was dying. I barely managed to walk. "I love you... I love you... I love you... I love you" I stepped into the dining hall. Every single eye went to me and I heard cutlery and food drop to the ground. Everyone rushes over to me. "WHO IS THAT" Eren screamed with tears down his face. "Leave me the fu-" I remembered Marco begging me not to fight with Eren. He wanted me to be happy. My eyes started to hurt and all of a sudden a loud scream filled the room. Litres of tears fell down my face. "My... Marco" Everyone started crying. Some fell to the floor. A lot of them were not accepting it. "NO IT IS NOT JEAN IT IS NOT MARCO!!" I snapped "IT IS" They all went quite. The leader instructed me where to place Marco, a pile of dead bodies. "B-But he doesn't deserve to be thrown here!!" I was forced to put Marco with everyone else. "I know honey... it is not fair. I will join you. I can't bear not seeing you" I spent over an hour talking to Marco. We went to the bedroom. It seemed different without Marco. He filled the room with happiness. I lay on Marcos bed and held his pillow close. I miss cuddling him. It was silent for a while but then I started sobbing. Armin sat on the bed. "Jean it will be okay... just go to sleep" I ignored Armin and continued crying. My eyes were heavy and I cried my self to sleep. I woke up the next morning. I want to find that filthy beast that kill Marco. I shuffled myself to the dining room and sat alone. I was not hungry. Ymir and Krista sat down next to me. I looked at Ymir and saw her freckles. "Thank you but I-I want to be alone. They understood and walked away. I moved my leg to the left and realised he wasn't there. I went to the bedrooms and went in the cupboard that Marco and I were in. It brought back memories and I cried more. Shortly after, Connie came in "Jean?" "What" "We are going to the... funeral now" I opened the cupboard door and walked out with him. I met the others outside and we walked together to the scene. Armin pat my back but I just flinched away.