Cold

Outfit from Hogsmeade is at the bottom!! 

Winter had hit Hogwarts with a snowy drift right before the holidays and stuck long after. My leather boots made imprints in the snow. The village of Hogsmeade was quite crowded for it being winter. Honeydukes especially.

"Here you are," Hannah handed me a cotton candy shaped like a heart.

"Why thank you!" I was sitting on a stool between Seamus and Neville. As Neville was about to lick the very large sucker he had, it was taken from his hands and walked out the door. He looked very bummed. "Aw, Neville you look so sad." I laughed.

"I really wanted that," he said. Hannah giggled. I grabbed some coins from my jacket pocket and handed them to him.

"Here, now you can buy two."

"Wow, thanks, Y/N!" I rolled my eyes and smiled as he walked away. I looked up and saw Dean dipping something in the stuff behind us.

"You better be careful Dean," I warned.

"Why?" he asked.

"Cause, if you get even a single drop of that in my hair, I will curse you!" I scooted farther away from him as he lifted it from the glass container.

"I won't, I promise. I'm not that obnoxious," he protested. Seamus scoffed behind me.

"Yes you are," he said. I turned to Hannah.

"Where's Carson?" I asked.

"At the joke shop, I think," she said,"I think he's still mad at you," she ate a piece of chocolate.

"Why would Carson be mad at you?" Seamus asks.

"Because we made a bet and he lost," I said, looking up at him.

"About what?"

"Who would get a higher score on the Potions quiz," I turned back to Hannah,"We should go find him," she nodded. I stood up and looked at Seamus,"I'll be back in a bit."

"Okay," I kissed him on the cheek and walked out. We had been together for a few months now and it was great.

Carson was in the joke shop, just browsing when we came in. He didn't even look up. Eventually, he wasn't mad anymore and we made our way out to find Dean and Seamus. They were a few shops from Honeydukes, making their way back to the school. I ran up and ducked under Seamus' outstretched arm, causing it to rest on my shoulders. Hannah and Carson caught up quick. Since Seamus knew it was me, he continued his conversation on Quidditch with Dean. I didn't bother to listen, I wasn't really into that sort of thing. Instead, I turned to Hannah and Carson.

"Have you heard from your dad, Hannah?" I asked. She shook her head sadly.

"No, I'm not sure what's going on with him. I didn't even see him over break," she said. I pulled away from Seamus long enough to side hug, Hannah.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she replied. As Hogwarts came into view, a large gust of wind nearly blew off my beanie. I pulled it on and shivered. I walked with Hannah on my left and Seamus on my right. Seamus wrapped his arm around me and held me closer because of the cold.

"We should hurry back. It's freezing," I said through my chattering teeth.

Hannah and I huddled near the fire trying to warm up from being outside.

"Oh! I forgot!" Hannah suddenly rushed upstairs.

"Forgot what?" I yelled.

"Y/N! Let's go eat!" Seamus was leaving the common room.

"I'll be down in a minute, I've got to wait for Hannah," he shrugged and walked out. She finally raced back to me.

"I forgot that I got you this while we were on holiday," she handed me a small purple box. I lifted the lid and removed the tissue from inside. Removing it revealed a golden locket. I gasped when I opened the locket. A moving picture of me, Carson, and Hannah was on one side. It was our first trip to Hogsmeade. The other picture was from this morning. It was a picture of me and Seamus. We were sitting outside on a bench in the courtyard. His arm was around me as we smiled. At the last second, I planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Wow, thank you!" I hugged her, putting on the necklace,"I love it, I really do, but we need to get to dinner," we got up and left.

There were a few students slowly making their way in. I rushed inside and searched for Seamus. Dinner had already started. Towards the middle of the table, I saw Seamus sitting with, of course, Dean. Dean was sat on his left. I walked over and kissed the top of Seamus' head and sat down on his right.

"Bout time you got here," he laughed. I grabbed a piece of ham off a platter and grabbed other things to go with it.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked him.

"No, just warnings bout 'bein out after dark," he looked at me,"She finally gave it to you." I gave him an odd look, he pointed to my neck," the necklace."

"Oh! Yeah, I love it. Wait, how did you know?" I asked, eating my food.

"She's been talking about getting you somethin' like that since before your birthday," he said, my birthday's December 13th.

"Oh."