Girlfriend

All of us were rushed down to the Great Hall, as they locked down the school. They quickly lay out sleeping bags and pillows. Everyone found a bag, because of the commotion, the Professors didn't care if boys were by girls. The lights in the castle were all shut off. Hannah lay on my right with Carson close to her. Seamus had lain on my other side. I turned to face him. I didn't understand how anyone could sleep with everything going on, I definitely couldn't.

Professor Snape rushed into the DADA classroom and used his wand to shut the shutters. He swiftly pulled down a projector and said,

"Turn to page 394," as he made his way down to start a film of sorts, Harry asked the question that we all wanted to have an answer to,

"Where's Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern is it Potter?" he replied. He began walking, "Suffice it to say your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394." he said more sternly. His wand turned the projector on and turned mine and Ron's book to the right page.

"Werewolves?" I asked, "But-"

"Sir we've just begun to learn about red caps and hinkypunks," Hermione interrupted. I clenched my fist, I hated when she did that, "We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks."

"Quiet," Snape said. I looked down at my book, "Now, which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" I put up my hand, as did Hermione, Great, I thought to myself, "No one? How disappointing," I raised my hand higher, but...

"Please Sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice," I ignored the rest of her speech, just for the fact that I was angry at her for being like that.

"That is the second time you've spoken out of term Miss Granger," Snape went towards Hermione,"Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"
"He's right on that one," I mumbled to myself.

"Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf with particular emphasis on recognizing it," we all groaned. I hit my head on my desk. Potter got told off about Quidditch. I tried to listen to Snape very carefully, considering the assignment.

Right after all classes were done, I rushed to the common room and began to work on the werewolf essay. Luckily, I knew quite a bit about them from reading. They had always fascinated me, so I read up on them in my free time. Hannah came and sat down with me.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I sighed.

"Well, in Defense class, you got really irritated," she mentioned.

"I'm fine, really, I am," she got up and gave me a suspicious look.

"Alright, well I'm going to go work on this upstairs," I nodded as she walked away. I was halfway done with my first roll of parchment when Hermione sat across from me.

"Do you need any help?" she asks, nicely. I tried to hold back my anger.

"No, I'm doing just fine," I didn't look at her.

"I was just asking because well, it's a new subject and-"

"And what, you already know all about it? Yeah, I figured," I got up and crossed the room to a desk in the corner and sat down. Running a hand through my hair, I began to work again. Someone sat beside me,"Honestly Hermione, can you just go-"

"My hair can't be that red, can it?" I looked over to see Seamus.

"Oh, hey, sorry. Uh, what's up?" I asked, dipping my quill into the ink jar.

"I was wondering if you could read over what I've got so far?" he held out his parchment.

"Yeah, of course!" He had a little over half a page and it was pretty great,"It's great, to be honest," I set the paper in front of him and pointed to the last part,"I only suggest going into a tiny bit more detail on how the changing process is. Other than that, it's great," I looked to see him staring at me,"What?"

"Will you be me girlfriend?" he asked suddenly, I blushed.

"Of course," I murmured.

It was probably the rainiest day of the year, and yet, here we all were, watching a Quidditch match. I loved it. Seamus stood next to me as we all cheered wildly for Gryffindor. I wasn't really into it, but even I had to admit, watching Gryffindor take down Hufflepuff was always great. A lightning struck a players broom and she nearly crashed into, who I thought was, Harry. The Seekers raced into the sky.

"Yeah! Come on Harry!" I shouted. The Hufflepuff Seeker fell from the clouds. The stands yelled violently. "Do you think he's okay?" I asked Seamus, I had to shout to be heard.

"Probably not from that height!" he exclaimed. I used my hands to shield my face from the wind and the rain. Cold beat down on everyone. It was hard not to freeze out here. I tucked in my arms and continued to cheer on the team. Harry was still above the clouds. All of a sudden, everyone began to scream. Someone was falling from the sky, Harry.

"Harry!" I yelled. A moment before he hit the ground, he was stopped.

Harry was rushed to the infirmary. I ran down the stands and when I entered, Ron was showing Harry his broom.

"How was he?" Seamus asked as I entered the common room.

"Other than getting chucked from space and getting his broom destroyed, he's great," I said sarcastically, smiling at him. "Nah, he's upset about his broom mostly."

I spent the rest of the night, until dinner, working on my essay.