Jefferson | Don't leave me

I'm sorry, if there are any mistakes, I didn't read it after myself...

***

"Don't leave me here alone..." you said. Your voice was trembling, as tears rolled down your cheeks. You were highly emotional and you knew why. But there was no way, you would tell him. Not now... Not, when you were arguing all the time. It hurt you. The fact, that you fell sick recently, didn't help much, either. It actually made you even more vulnerable.

"You are a grown-up woman, (Y/N). You can be home alone. And this is business." Jefferson said calmly, sighing a little. He was grabbing his things, ready to leave for work.

You didn't mind him working. Not at all. You weren't that kind of person, who was selfish and wanted him only for yourself. You just didn't like him working for those people. Rumplestiltskin or Regina. Those two were ones of the worst people in the Enchanted forest and everyone knew that, even Jefferson. Yet, he was still working with them... No, for them.

"So just because I am an adult, you have to leave me? Because of some stupid work?" you asked getting angry, slowly getting out of your shared bed.

"I get paid for that stupid work, you know." Jeffy looked at you. He walked to you, helping you back to bed and tugging you in.

He knew you didn't like him going out with those people. But he wanted to keep you secure and safe. To do that, he needed money. When you fell sick, he started to panic because he feared, there wasn't much money to buy a medicine. Even though, he explained to you, you acted like this. Jefferson tried his best to understand you, but how was that possible with you acting like this?

"You used to be good, Jefferson. What happened to that boy, who loved to fool around? Who didn't care about what people said about him? Who always found a good way to survive?" You said quietly. New wave of tears fought its way to your eyes. "Where is he? Because right now, I don't see him in you..." tears rolled down your eyes again.

"And what do you want from me? Do you just want me to throw away my life?!" he suddenly raised his voice, throwing his arms in the air.

Jefferson stood up, running hand through his hair, looking at anything but you. He couldn't look at you right now. Of course, he wasn't the same boy anymore. He felt sense of responsibility, for both of your lives. He couldn't just stop working. He would throw away both of your lives. Just like that. Whoever offered him a job, he would take it. Because to survive, money was the key.

"What about my life?! Am I nothing to you anymore?!" you shouted at him. Finally, you got up from the bed, walking to him. You needed to be face to face with him. "I did everything for you, but now, you can't even stay here, when I'm sick? Really? Is that how much I mean to you?" your voice came out in a whisper at the last sentence.

Both of you stood there, looking at each other. Both of you regretting the things, you had said.

You hated yourself for getting so emotional because of things like this. You knew perfectly why, he did those things. You weren't that stupid. Jeffy had explained himself to you so many times already, and you still acted like this. It was about a time, you told him the truth. About what's wrong with you and why you fell sick so easily, when you never got sick at all.

"I'm sorry..." you whispered, looking down at your bare feet, that suddenly looked so interesting. You couldn't look at his hurt face by your words.

No one spoke for few minutes. Just standing there was enough. He was already running late for work, so he might as well not go today. He was given plenty of time to finish the work, he just wanted to have done as soon as possible, so he could be with you.