Chapter 20: The Primary Containment Facility, and The Great Escape

[AM: 6 normal chapters remain, 2 interludes will pass. After that, the ending will strike. Oh and there is another special.]

(Symor POV):

So here we are, planning again. This time, in a rush this time since we are in front of the Precursor base. Denzel and Michael are constructing something just somewhere in the top part of this base.

The rest are here to plan out with me...

"So Symor, it seems that you have a plan." - Jake

"I had Denzel and Michael to build multipurpose rooms for each camp here. So that you guys could stay here for a while. In the meantime, the three of us are gonna find that blue tablet hidden somewhere."

"Where exactly are you gonna start?" - Karl

"The molten fortress seems suspicious enough, so I'll have Denzel go there. The Lost River Laboratory, I'll leave that to Michael. I'll deal with The Degasi Base at Deep-Grand Reef."

"And the rest of us?" - Shameah

"Keep an eye on the cyclops and rest for now. We do not know what is in here so stay prepared."

"Be careful guys, though I don't think I need to say that to Denzel though." - Chelsea
"Of course you don't need to." - Denzel

"Woah!" Everyone

"Symor, we're done with the rooms." - Michael

"I was about to ask but ok. If the cyclops takes damage, you fix it. Make sure that our ride home is safe and sound."

"Roger!"

"Well then Michael, Denzel. Are you both ready?"
Denzel raises a thumb.

"Oh hell yeah I am." - Denzel

Michael nods deeply.
"Let's do this." - Michael

"Well then, let's go!"

The three of us started to move around dodging Lava Lizards and Sea Dragon Leviathans. Speaking of Sea Dragons... The information we got from the PDA is:
A colossal leviathan with reptilian features, seen stalking the very heart of the volcanic crater which underpins life in this area. The scanned specimen measured 112m in length.

Heat-Proof Tissue:
Tissue analysis reveals this specimen consists of 1/3 inanimate materials, focused around the chest area. Consumption and retention of mineral substances may explain the lifeform's ability to withstand extremes of temperature. It even appears to be able to consume molten materials and expel them at its adversaries.
Forearms:
Evolutionarily distinct forearms are used for both propulsion and offensive purposes. Finding suggests evolutionary divergence from other species on the planet tens of millions of years ago. The sea dragon is likely one of the oldest species on the planet.
Behavior:
As the largest carnivorous species encountered on 4546B, almost everything is potential prey. With few substantial targets in the volcanic cave systems the sea dragon likely ventures out into cooler waters to hunt other, smaller leviathans, cornering them and forcing them deeper, where they are ultimately boiled alive.

The sea dragons' size and the restrictions of the cave systems they inhabit suggest their population numbers are extremely low, perhaps in the single digits. While it is not unusual for larger predators to sustain lower populations, it is possible the sea dragon's food sources have diminished over time. This species may be nearing extinction.

Assessment: Extreme threat - Avoid in all circumstances

Or so it said, but we don't plan to rot and die in this hellish biome.

But now, what we have to worry about is this guy above us.

"All right guys, its right above us. Be prepared for the fire-breath it will do, or possible the meteor. Make sure that the small fries are also accounted into the threat of this trick."

"Ooo" - Denzel

"Mmm" - Michael

"Now, spread out!"

Denzel went to the left side, increasing the distance between us from 2 meters to 20 meters. The same goes for Michael, excluding the fact that he is going to the right side.

"We got incoming, lava lizard in front. Spitting lava into our faces to slow us down."

"I'm on it." - Denzel

Denzel sped up his sea glide, pulling out a sword with his right hand. Afterwards, he turned right to slice the Lava Lizard in half that was in our way. After doing so, he returned his current pace with us but this time, he is in front of me by 4 meters.

"Another one on the right."

"I'm on it." - Michael

"Symor meteor incoming, speed up and move left." - Denzel

"Ok."

Michael took his mini-torpedo and with godlike sleight of hand, launched it using a manually modified repulsion cannon.

Now our distance is equal to each other, but the Sea Dragon this time came down to try burn us with it's breath.
"Go upwards guys. Denzel, prepare the sleeping drug bottle. Michael, prepare another torpedo."
"Sure." - Michael

"Roger" - Denzel

All three of us moved upwards. After picking up the drug, Denzel tossed it with prefect accuracy which landed right inside the Leviathan's mouth. Still though, the Sea Dragon is coming closer and closer, and was about to bite me but...

"Fire!"

Michael used the timing of the mini-torpedo to launch it right into the Sea Dragon's mouth.

"That guy won't be able to move for a while, let's go!"

"Ooo!" - Denzel and Michael

And now we reached our respective points.

After exploring the base, I only found an Orange Artifact. I probably might be able to use this.

I should return now.

After two hours of exploring and returning to the zone, we noticed that the Sea Dragon is only starting to slowly get up again and attack us. But we evaded that swiftly.

"So what did you guys get?" - Mecole

"I found a Blue Tablet Artifact, the entrance to this door, and some useful information." - Denzel

"I found this... a creature egg that contains a passive mob and the entry from the PDA says: A small, gray-colored herbivore, the cuddlefish displays high levels of intelligence, curiosity and attachment. Strangely this species has not been encountered in the wild, and the scanned specimen had to be artificially hatched within an alien containment unit."

"Its cuuute. Can I keep it?" - Vina

"No wait, we shou-" - Jake

"How about you go for a three vs three UNO wars again, Michael doesn't seem to have an interest. Symor seems that he is to lazy to take care of it. And I do not want it to die because of my riskiness." - Denzel

"Hmmm, let's do it!" - Jake

"Before we do that though." - Denzel

Denzel unlocks the door to the Primary Containment Facility

"How about we see what's in there first."