"I uh..." He trailed off. "Maybe?" He wanted to laugh at her scrunched up face, he really did find it adorable, but he had a feeling she wouldn't like that.

"Why wouldn't you go home for Christmas?" She asked.

"It's just...I feel like hanging out at home this year. Besides, now I've got you to keep me company." He said motioning to her.

"Flattering, but nothing replaces family." Piper said adamantly.

"I haven't decided 100% yet so no need to get your knickers in a twist." Harry said.

"I will make sure you go home this Christmas." Piper said with determination. She couldn't be with her family during the holidays but that didn't mean Harry couldn't be with his.

"If you say so Piper. Can we go back to decorating now?" He asked eager to get off the topic. He had a feeling he'd be hearing from his mother any day now.

"As you wish." She relented. 

"Alright you have to be the one who puts the star up." Piper said handing him the red star to go on top of the tree.

"Why me? It's your flat." He said.

"Because I'm not tall enough silly." She said like it was obvious. Harry sighed before taking the star and grabbing a chair to stand on.

"Surely you'd be tall enough if you stood on this chair." He grunted as he leaned over to get the star on the branch.

"But you're already up there so there's no point now." She said. She giggled as Harry glared at her and gave a cute little snarl in response.

"Okay, the tree looks pretty good. Red and silver is a pretty good color combination." Harry complimented. Andy Williams's It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year was playing in the background and Harry watched as Piper, clad in fluffy red and green socks, flitted around the room hanging lights up.

"I told you." She said while unraveling the garland she was going to hang above the fireplace.

"Yeah yeah." He said moving to help her.

"Wait it's crooked." Harry said stepping back. Piper looked back as she held onto the end of the garland. "Move it up a little bit...no now move it back down...you're moving it too fast...okay now you're doing it on purpose." He said directing her. He shot her a look of disapproval as she grinned goofily at him over her shoulder.

"You know what, let me do it." He said after a minute. Piper shrugged and hanged him the garland before stepping back and taking his place.

"Alright move it up just a bit." Piper said. Harry complied and hung it up.

"No its still crooked." He said stepping back. Piper looked at it but couldn't see what he was talking about.

"Are you crazy? It's perfectly straight." She argued gesturing to it. Harry looked at her like she'd grown another head.

"You clearly need glasses if you think that's straight. But if you want a crooked garland alright." He said shaking his head.

"You are too much sometimes Harry Styles." Piper said narrowing her eyes at him.

"Aaaand we're done!" Piper grinned as Harry hung the last ornament on the garland hanging above the mantle. Harry took a step back and they quietly admired their handwork together.

"We make a pretty good team." He smiled down at her.

"Yeah we do." She said returning his smile.

"Oh I can't believe I almost forgot." Piper said jumping up. Harry watched as she ruffled through the bag that Kenny had given her containing extra lights. "Here we are." She said producing a mistletoe from the bag.

"You planning on kissing anyone?" He asked watching her.

"No, but no home is complete without it." She said hanging it above the fireplace.

"My flat doesn't have one." He pointed out.

"Yes it does." Piper said turning to face him.

"What?" How could she have hung one up without him knowing.

"When you were in the toilet." She explained.

"Where is it?" He asked. He didn't see one after she left.

"Hanging above your kitchen doorway." She smiled at him.

"Oh."

"Thank you." She said suddenly.

"For what?" She gave a half shrug while smiling at him.

"For doing this with me. I know you're not the biggest fan of Christmas, I'll get you to change your mind by the way, but I'm happy you're helping me out. And for agreeing to put a tree up." She said. Harry looked at her in surprise not expecting her to say that.

"I...you're welcome." He said after a moment. The two of them stood there looking at the tree as Frank Sinatra's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas played on in the background.