We planned to get together tonight here at Burger King. Changgu and I, Gain and Chanmi.

Chanmi hasn't sent a single text whether she could make it or not. I'm getting worried. What if she gets off work late again?

Gain cleared her throat once she caught me staring at the phone. "Is everything OK?" she asked.

I nodded. "Just waiting for Chanmiㅡ"

"Hey, guys! Sorry, I'm late. Got caught up in something." Chanmi said, smiling and panting at usㅡand then her eyes caught Gain beside me. She swallowed and smiled again. "Oh, hi, Gain!"

I know the two of them don't really matched well, hence, they don't get along well as much as I want to, but both of them matter to me.

"Kim Chanmi!" A guy behind her showed up. Chanmi froze. The three of us eyed the guy who just called her complete name.

Chanmi turned to him and murmured words to the guy. For a moment, they looked like they were arguing. And then the guy smirked. "This fell from your bag." he said, lifting up a keychainㅡthe palette keychain I gave her on her 18th birthday.

She quickly snatched it away from the guy. "Thanks."

"Won't you introduce me to your friends?"

Chanmi widened her eyes at him before turning back to us. She cleared her throat. Her cheeks flushed. "Guys, this is Yuto."

Chanmi

Few hours back.

"It was you on the train."

When I found my composure back, I turned to Yuto and holy cow, he still looks as good. His hair wasn't slicked back, it's disheveled. He's wearing a black and red sweater. When I didn't say anything, he stepped closer to me.

"Don't you remember me?" he asked, extending his hand out to me. "I'm Yuto, and you are?"

But then we heard footsteps and he took his hand back. "Talk to you later." He told me before leaving.

I prayed that I wouldn't run into him again after my shift today, but as soon as I was out the door, he was there. His back was leaning towards the gate. His hands were buried inside his jean pockets. Waiting for someone.

"Finally," he said, yawning a bit. "You're out."

I walked towards the bus stop. He fell into a step beside me. "Ignoring me still?" he said quietly.

He moved so fast to get in front of me, walking backwards now. "Shouldn't I know your name since you're working in my house?"

I sighed. "Please, I have an appointment." I said.

"Very adult." he said with a smirk, then walked normally beside me again.

Actually, Yanan texted me tonight saying we're hanging out with friends. The only close friend we have is Changgu though. I hope he didn't bring Gain.

We walked in silence for a while until I got on the bus and he did too.

"What?" he asked when I eyed him. "This is a free country!" he said defensively.

"Your mom must be waiting for you home."

He pressed his lips together and stared out the window. All the seats were already taken so we were both standing. "I'm sorry about earlier." he said, surprising me. "And about that day..."

"Were you trying to make fun of me with your friends?" I couldn't help but ask.

He turned to me in disbelief. "Is that what you really thought?"

I shrugged nonchalantly, ignoring his question. "I get off at the next stop. You go home."

He frowned and looked away. "You talk to me like I'm a kid."

"I'm older than you."

"How old are you?"

"Fishing for information?"

He smirked to himself. "You're smart."

I rolled my eyes. He turned to face me. "Here's a deal. I leave you alone. You tell me your name."

I considered the deal. I don't want him tagging along with my night out with friends. "Kim Chanmi. Happy now?"

He grinned. "Suits you."

"Have a good night." I said formally and squeezed between the passengers to get off to the next stop, not knowing that my favorite keychain fell off my bag.

AND THAT BRINGS US TO NOW. Gain was the first one to talk. "Ohmygosh! Who is he, Chanmi?" she asked.

"Uh... Yuto?" I answered.

She chuckled. "I know, and?"

"Yuto Adachi?"

"You know my last name?" Yuto asked.

"Well, your mom..."

"Oh, right."

"Wow. Did you guys just meet?" Gain asked with interest.

"No." Yuto answered at the same time when I replied, "Yes."

"You both are funny." Changgu said, amusement clear in his eyes.

"Would you like to join us, Yuto?" Gain asked him.

"Oh, no!" I said, holding Yuto's arm to urge him away. "Yuto is just leavingㅡ"

"I can spare some time." He said, cutting me off. I widened my eyes at him but he only grinned.

"So," Yanan said as we both sat down next to Changgu. He raised an eyebrow. "Who is he?" he asked.

This is gonna be a long night.

• • •

A/N: thanks for reading! :D
and thanks for your feedbacks :')
i really appreciate them. ♡♡♡

also, if you want to follow me on instagram or twitter, my id is heymellowrites :)

👉 honesty time! XD
would you be attracted with someone who's (one or few years) younger than you in real life?

and happy wednesday!! :)