Chapter Thirteen

Alexis POV

I screamed beating on the staring wheel.

I called Ava and she didn't pick up, her phone went straight to voicemail.

I prayed the car didn't flip over, it was rocking so bad because I was pressing too hard on the gas pedal. 

But honestly, I just wanted to get out of this place.

Maybe if I called one more time.

I picked up the phone to dial her number again and in that split second something slammed into the side of the truck.

It happened so fast that I had no time to react. I just remembered screaming and the truck flipped. 

I opened my eyes and everything was upside down and I could feel some blood running down the side of my face, but at least I was still suspended by the seatbelt. 

There was broken glass everywhere and I could smell the gas leaking from the truck. I managed to get the seatbelt off and I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

Oh god please don't let anything happen to my babies, I thought quietly holding my belly. 

I saw three pairs of feet and I knew immediately before I saw the person crouch down that one was Abe.

It's ok baby.  We'll get you out he soothed.

It didn't make me feel better, in fact, it made me burst into tears.

There, there he cooed pulling me out and cradling me in his arms. Wiping away my tears.

I looked over at the other two people he brought with him. It was a man and a woman, werewolves just like me.

You could have hurt your pup she said chastizing me. And you could have killed yourself the man said scowling at me.

I was scared and in too much pain to even give a retort to both of them. It wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway. They had to be just as crazy as the nut holding onto me.

It's not her fault, she hasn't been herself for a while with the baby and all.

Stress and pregnancy hormones do make u act a little crazy, said the she wolf sympathetically.

It might be best to keep her inside for now until she has the pups if she's going to behaving like this.

You wouldn't have to worry anymore about her being alone because I could keep her company while you guys go out, piped in the she wolf excitedly. I'm sure she would love the female company.

I bared my teeth at her.

"Alexis".

I glared at him after he gave a tap on my butt to get my attention.

It's not nice to behave that way to our guest.

It's okay she said waving away my threat. Shes just a little cranky, when the pup is born I'm sure we'll be fast friends.

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach again, this time way worse than before.

I clenched my teeth trying to bare the pain, panting and as soon as the pain dulled down.

Something is wrong with the baby I said clutching my stomach again.

Do you hear that, asked Abe?

 I don't hear anything said the other wolf looking around in the forest.

Exactly.

The forest is never this quiet he said scanning the trees.

Keith POV