Chapter Nine

Ava's Pov 

It could be a trap, said Lloyd.

I'm well aware of that. That was the first thing that popped into my head.

I've never met a demon. Male or female but the rumors I heard weren't quite pleasant.

"Where's my backpack"?

He walked over to the opposite side of the bed and pulled my backpack from under the bed, tossing it my way.

"All of my stuff better be in here". 

I opened it and started digging through my clothes, so far everything I had was in here...except.

Give it back.

"Give what back"? 

My knife. 

He reached into his jacket and pulled out my baby.

Thank you, I said plucking it out of his hands.

"Where the hell did you get that huge ass knife, asked Lloyd watching me coo over my knife"?

It's a gift.

 Let's go, I said slinging my bag over my shoulder.  

"Do you even know how to fight with a knife that big"?You can end up hurting yourself.

Both my wolf and I  scoffed and rolled our eyes.

"Of course". 

If you say so.

But, if you accidentally chop your nose off or something I'll still love you.

We both came downstairs, approaching the she-demon cautiously.

"Where's my sister"?

Sigh, it's a long story but I'll explain on the way. Your sister's mate sent me to find you.

The names Ann by the way.

Ava.

This is my mate, Lloyd.

Nice to meet you both.

I can feel the signs of a headache trying to form. 

 Trust my baby sister to be mated to the one species that most werewolves hate most.

The thought of her messing around with her boss did cross my mind but, I guess I was in denial because in my mind I couldn't picture my sister with a vampire.

She could've been mated to a bear shifter, lion shifter or even a human.

But no.

I've never met a vampire and werewolf mated pair. I knew of a few who secretly messed around with each other but they weren't mates to each other.

I didn't even think it was possible.

"Babe are you ok, asked Lloyd"?

Sigh...I'm just processing everything right now.

Now is not the time to worry about me, our main focus is to try and get my sister back.

Of course, I couldn't tell him my natural instincts were telling me to get away from the demon behind the wheel or that I was thinking driving into a vampire's territory was the last thing anybody wants to do.

The awkward silence in the drive right now didn't help with my already frayed nerves either.

I don't know how Lloyd is so relaxed sitting in the front seat because right now I can feel my wolf so close to the surface.