*Chapter One*

I was sitting on the bus one afternoon, and I looked up looking out the giant window, and much to my surprise; it was the man that I have been waiting for all of my life. He was tall--about five feet nine inches--he had dark hair and eyes, a perfect, beautiful smile. He wore a gray hoodie and sweats; it looked like he had just gone for a jog. He also had broad shoulders, black and gray colored Nike sneakers. 

He caught my eye due to the sweet words he asked, "Do you need help?" I turned and smiled at him. "No thank you" I answered. 

I had my two year old son, Jason with me. I didn't like to accept help from strangers. So instead as I unloaded Jason and his carriage off of the bus, the man and I exchanged glances. He smiled back handing me a piece of paper with some numbers on it and I handed him one back. And then- we went off to our separate ways.

By the next afternoon, I was on my way to go grocery shopping when I ran into the man again. We have not conversed via telephone yet, so it was weird that he was there--but then again, it was a store that was open to the public--We finally introduced ourselves to each other, his name turned out to be Jake, and he was a single dad of three. He was from the area so it was most likely that we would be seeing Jake again.

*

It has been 1 year, 12 months, 365 days, 8760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,00 seconds since I have heard from Dylan. But who is counting right? It seems like that is all I have time to do these days. Just waiting by the phone for him to call. 

Checking the mail every afternoon for a letter from him. Nothing ever comes. It's like he has dropped off the face of the earth. Which in a way, he has. I hardly remember what it was like being able to talk to him.

 Kissing me, hug me, sleeping next to him all seems like a faded memory now. Our little boy wasn't even suffering without his daddy anymore. Jason knew that he had his mommy and his TeTe and that was all that he needed.

*

When I saw Jake again, the meeting was as if it was out of a storybook. We were both walking with our kids. His three girls were so happy and loved Jason's baby blue eyes--whom also seemed to love the attention that he was getting by the three girls, Ashliana, Alya, and Leena were their names, their ages ranged from four to eight years old. 

As we approached the playground, we allowed the kids to go play and surprisingly I was okay with Ashliana to keep her eyes on Jason since the other two girls had known better than to run off. Jake and I were seated on a bench overlooking the park, we must have been there for at least four hours when the girls came over to tell up they were hungry. Where did the time go? Was I starting to have feelings for this man? I haven't 'lost track of time' like this is over five or so years, since I met Dylan. It couldn't be this easy to forget my past love, could it?