CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1:

[Aisha Jazz’s POV]

“AJ!! Mind to wake up and get ready for school?” Eli shouts while knocking on my door, I mean breaking it.

This is our morning routine we shared every school day. Ugh!

“AJ!!!” She keeps on breaking my door. She won’t stop until she gets a response from me.

“I’m up! I’m up!” I yelled as I hear no more knocks afterwards.

I tried to close my eyes again and there it goes another knocks from her.

“AJ! I know you’re trying to sleep back in your bed.” She impatiently says.

What is she?

“Fine.” I groan as I hop down my bed and proceed to the door.

“Stop breaking my door.” I say as soon as I open the door, staring at her.

“Why don’t you get yourself ready?” Her crossed-arm, narrowly looking at me.

She’s always treating me like a grade-school kid.

“I will.” I simply obey, shutting the door in front of her then I proceed at the bathroom and prepare my stuffs.

Elizabeth is my cousin; I started living with her when I started college. She’s a year older than me and pretty responsible but sometimes it annoys me.

After I’m done, I get out of the room and proceed to the kitchen to grab some breakfast while Eli is busy baking. She loves baking and she’s good at it, she’s good at everything unlike me though.

I was trying to sneak one cupcake but she slaps my hand out of it.

“Ouch! What was that for?” I groan, rubbing my hand.

“What was that for...?” She mocks.

I rolled my eyes and get pour some cereals on the bowl instead.

“Is that for me?” I ask, pointing the cupcakes.

“As if. This is for Tun. It’s our monthsary.” She says, happily.

“Oh, Tun.” I nod, taking a spoonful of my cereals.

Tun… It reminds me of Tristan. I wonder how he was; it’s been years since I last saw him personally.

“Hey, you’re gonna be late.” Eli snaps the thought out of me.

I look at my watch and yeah, I’m going to be late. I leave the bowl on the table and rush outside, “Bye, Eli.”

× × ×

Finally I’m at school. Peace and no Eli’s annoying voice.

“Jazzzzzz!” I heard someone yelled behind me and the last thing I know, Myka is on my back.

“Morning, Jazz.” Sophie pat my back.

“Get your butt down.” I told Myka.

No peace at all. Seriously?

Myka and Sophie are my best buds since I started college. We always stick around together. Since we’re in the same courses, we always make sure we’re classmates on all our subjects.

We get in our room and sit on our places.

“Hey, did you do your homework?” Sophie asks.

I rolled my eyes and just get my notebook out of my bag then give it to her.