Chapter 22 (S2)

"Oh shit! What do we do!" Uno whined, his face full of despair. "We left Niko.." Yuna frowned, a small pang in her heart. Oh... I guess I got a little attached to Niko, I actually miss him. She thought to herself, then slapped her cheeks. Not the time. "Tell me he at least took his medicine, right Jyugo?" Uno began shaking him. "No, he lost his medicine bag he said.." Jyugo spoke bluntly. "What?!" Uno shrieked.

"What the heck.. was this Niko guy sick?" Honey asked. "Yeah that's bad.. I hope he didn't collapse somewhere." Trois agreed. The thought of Niko lying somewhere on the ground in bad shape made Yuna frown. "That's not the problem.. You don't know how bad it is for him to not take his medicine." Uno rubbed his face. "This is bad.. holy shit.. this is seriously bad.." "Uh.. you keep saying that but.." Trois began. "Explain." Honey demanded.

"When the medicine wears off, Niko goes insane. Normally humans subconciously limit their abilities, but due to human experimentations Niko went through years ago.. the functions of the brain that control that are more fragile in Niko than in most.." Uno grimaced. "I see.." "That's bad news!" Honey yelled. "I told you!" Uno agreed. "Stop this stupid conversation." Trois pleaded.

As they began to spout nonsense, Yuna turned her attention to Jyugo, who's face was blank. She slipped her hand in his, giving him a reassuring squeeze. He blinked, looking at her. "What?" He asked. "He'll be okay, don't worry so much." Jyugo looked down, then slipped his hand out of hers. "I have to save Niko, doc said that going out of control could destroy his body." "There are monsters everywhere!" Honey exclaimed. "We have to move forward." Trois argued.

Uno frowned, walking up the stairs just as the three guys grabbed onto him. "I need to go help Niko!" "You idiot, he's with the chinese guy, if you go up there you'll just get in the way!" Honey explained. "Don't just stand there, say something too!" He barked at Jyugo. "Uh.. yeah." He stared at the ground, just as the room begun to shake. Water begun filling the room, "No way!" They all yelled.

After the water drained, Yuna sat with the men, drenched, on the floor. "Man, I wasn't expecting that.." Uno "Hey Jyugo, are you okay?" He glanced around. "Jyugo?" Jyugo laid flat on the floor, his face had turned blue. "Jyugo!" Uno screamed, his eyes nearly popping from his skull. "Seriously? He drowned in such a short time?!" Honey groaned. "You opened the underground passageways lock while drowning? You're a genius!" Trois realized.

"Shut up already and help him you idiots!" Uno groaned. "Help him.. you mean.. that?" As they bickered over what to do, Yuna found herself moving instinctively, rolling Jyugo over on his back. "No! Anyone but you!" Uno grabbed Yuna's shoulder, pulling her backwards. "He can't defile your precious lips! They're mine!"

Snap

Yuna whipped around, grabbing Uno and bonking him on the head. "You fucking idiot! Do you really think now is the time to be worried about my damn precious lips while you friend is dying!" She growled, then marched over to Jyugo. "Yuna.." Uno's eyes filled with tears as she stormed away. Bending on her knees, she placed her hand on Jyugo's chest, then leaned forward, placing her lips ontop of his and began performing CPR.

Moments later, Jyugo's eyes opened and he rolled on his eyes, spitting out water he sat up. "I thought I was gonna die." Yuna stood, turning towards the hall and sighed. "My precious Yuna's lips..." Uno whined, tears spilling from his eyes. "Yunas.. lips..?" Jyugo mumbled, then looked at her as she walked away. Yuna was glad they couldn't see her face as she walked. Her heart was hammering in her chest and all the blood rushed to her face. M-my... my first.. She traced her finger on her lips, remembering the feel of his lips. "Cold." She spoke so softly only she could hear.

Jyugo kept his eyes on her back, just as Trois grabbed his arm. "Jyugo, can you open this door." Yuna glanced back at the sound of the door latch opening they all entered the room, and Trois turned on the lights. Dozens of dolls lined the walls and Uno almost shrieked. Honey and Jyugo slapped their hand over his mouth and Yuna covered hers - because she began laughing. His face had the look of true horror and she couldn't help herself.

Looking over to Trios Yuna stopped laughing as she noticed him slipping his hand inside one of the dolls and pulling out mechanical parts. Blood covered his hand, and Yuna blinked rapidly. "Blood.." She mumbled, and her ear begun to burn as a memory flashed in her brain.

"Specimen number 76, you have become one of my most prized pieces.." Elf placed his hand on her bloodied body, grinning ear to ear. He cackled. Bodies surrounded them both and she felt nothing. She was, nothing. Her sole weapon was a long katana, made from the same metal as her sisters, and she used it to ruthlessly slaughter anyone she was ordered to kill. "Those eyes, they're so beautiful." Elf spoke in a humored manner, his tongue licking the blood from her cheek.

"Show me more... 76.." "Yuna." A warm hand grabbed hers, and she blinked, the room surrounded her and focused on Jyugo, who was standing in front of her. "What is it?" Glancing around, she noticed everyone was staring at her. "You always space out, is something on your mind?" Honey prodded. Yuna glanced down at the floor. "Nothing." Honey groaned. "What is it with you two and your damn secrets." "Lets go." Trois spoke as they all left the area.

As they walked down the hall, Jyugo kept his hand in Yunas, glancing at her from time to time. "Yuna." They walked behind the group. "Yes?" She asked. "Did you.. I mean.. were you the one that..." She looked up at him, and he rubbed the back of his neck. "The one that.. ykno.. with.. your lips.." His face flushed with color and suddenly she knew what he was talkin about.

Her face turned bright red, and Jyugo stared at her in shock. "Y-yeah.." She stammered, averting her eyes. "Cute." He spoke mindlessly. "Yuna.. I think I might have feelings for you." Yuna felt her heart thumping a thousand miles a minute as she tried to process what he said. "W-what.." She mumbled. Why? Her eyes locked on his. "Yeah.. I realized it a little while ago, but I didn't know what to do about it." How can I possibly care about what he has to say? "But... what kind of feelings..?" She wanted him to further elaborate. I'm not supposed to be interested at all. Jyugo averted his eyes. I'm not supposed to care about little bullshit like this. "Are you going to make me say it?" So.. why do I want to hear him say it so badly?

"I come here to investigate the noise and all I find is rats." A voice emerged from the dark, and Yuna found herself staring into the eyes of a very feminine guard.