(12)

Tami ~ Truth with chocolate and tears

I sit on the couch feeling , emotionally and physically down. I know that Wynter wants to know what happened in the past... but I just don't know how to tell her.

Ruby had hurt me. So much it pains me to this day. And no one can help me. "Tami?" I felt arms wrap themselves around me. "You can talk to me, you know." I lied my head on Wynters chest and sigh.

"I want to tell you... but... it hurts." She sighs and leans her chin on the top of my head.

"I know. But it's best to let it all out." Wynter had a point. I guess...

"It all started in the beginning of high school. I didn't have many friends until one day, this new girl showed up. Bright red hair, blue eyes that look like the ocean and the sweetest heart you would ever see. Her name was Ruby Quinn." I pause to sit up and face Wynter. I take her hands in mine.

"How did you guys meet?" She asks softly. I smile and kiss the back of her hands.

"I was in my Food prac and the only one to show up early. I didn't even realise there was someone sitting in the classroom until I sat down. Ruby was in the seat up front and when she noticed me, she came up to my desk, sat right next to me."

Memory

"Hi! I'm Ruby." I look up from the quirky, luscious voice and met with blue eyes. They looked like the ocean.

"H-hello. I'm Tami." The new girl, Ruby took out her stuff and played with her phone. I went back to my Book, however I felt her eyes linger on me.

"After class, she asked to be my friend." Wynter smiled.

"Yeah? Did you say yes?" I nod and my eyes start to water.

"Then it came to my third year of high school. It was the middle of spring and we were going to the beach one day. And on that beach... Ruby had asked me to be her girlfriend. Of course I said yes." I paused and got up to the kitchen, grabbing a water and some chocolate. Wynter followed.

"How long did you guys date for?" I shoved a piece of chocolate in my mouth before continuing.

"A year yesterday. After that year had come, Ruby had asked me to come to her house. She had said it was urgent. Since I was madly in love I raced over to see if she was okay. My mistake." The tears were leaking now. "Ruby was with another girl. Her name is Victoria Victor. And Ruby loved that girl. Confessed in front of me as well as breaking my heart. I-I loved her Wynter. A-and she broke my heart. For a whole year. A whole year! She's been lying to me. And that was the end result." I sobbed and Wynter hugged me tightly.

"She's a bitch. But it's okay now. She can't get to you anymore. Never again." I nod but the years of tears kept coming.

"Im sorry for wetting your shirt." I say, wiping my eyes. Wynter chuckles and ruffles my messy hair.

"Doesn't matter. Look Tami, I know that you haven't had the best year but I promise youh won't ever get hurt again. I promise." I smile and my eyes brighten at this.

"Thank you." I hug her again. How did I even gain her friendship? I don't deresve her kindness.