(5)

Tami's POV ~ Her House

The car ride was tense with silence. No one spoke and I felt as if a pin would drop, it'd echo. Why had the Bad Girl save me? A geek that is nothing compared to her. I'm not important. When I look at her with the corner of my eye, her lips her thinned and her knuckles clenching the steering wheel tightly causing her hand to turn white.

That's when I noticed how pretty she looked up close. Her hair was the palest white, much like snow. Now I know why her names Wynter, I thought examining her once again. Her eyes were light as the blue sky and whenever the light caught her eyes they shone like fireflies. So pretty!

"Where do you live?" I jumped as she spoke, tumbling out of the trance.

"30 Fruin Loop. Why?" Wynter looked at me for a brief second then focused on the road.

"So I can tell your parents why you weren't home." I looked out the window. Not like they care.

"Don't bother," I paused, sniffling from crying earlier. "Their not home." Wynter sighs.

"Look I really just want to go home so I'll just take you to mine." A frown creases my brows. Why does she care so much that I'll be home alone?

"I-I can go back to my place... Really its fine."

"Shut up." She mutters and I sink into the seat, not wanting to get in more trouble than I'm already in. Wynter continued driving until we got in the richer side of town. Woah. My eyes light up when I see all the mini stores and they land on one particular. A book store!

Okay, Tami, calm down! Calm down. But a book store! I bite my lip and look away, wanting to look more. "Yo!"

"Y-Yes?" Wynter rolls her eyes.

"We're nearly there. Please do not embarrass me in front of my mother." I nod, watching her. With her hands she turns up the radio, her lips twitching at the sound of Little Mix's song. Does she like Little Mix? I shook my head, the big Bad Girl isn't that type of person.

I felt the car jolt to a stop and I look outside the window. A two story house stood on view, light illuminating the home so it seems welcoming. "Lets go." Wynter gets out and I just sit there, shocked? Scared? Nervous? I don't know. With a look of annoyance It was my queue to get out before she gets anymore angry.

"S-sorry." I mutter, clasping my hands together in front of me.

"Whatever." When she opens the big white door, inside i came face to face a Victorian styled interior.

"Wynter! Your home!" A squeal came from the stairs and a women familiar to Wynter was grinning. The difference was that Wynters hair was white and the women had brown hair.

"Hello mother and good bye mother." She said and walked down the hall, "Coming Tami?" She asked, never looking at me.

"O-Oh! Y-yeah!" I wave awkwardly at her mother and jog after Wynter. Why was this happening and why me?