Chapter 35

~ 2 weeks later ~

Packing day.

So Vere has decided. She is ready to move in with Tyler. She already gave her notice so she technically already quit. You don't how much I'm going to miss Vere.

"Come on Y/N you keep zoning out." Vere says as she brings me back. "I'm sorry I just can't believe this is actually happening." I say as I look at her almost completely empty apartment. "Yeah." She says her voice a lot softer. "Your going to be a California girl, now." I say with a laugh. "Shut up you know ill always be a Texas girl." She says and we laugh.

"We have to do a bunch of crazy stuff before you leave in three days." I say and she nods. "Okay, if we want to do that, we should finish packing today so were pulling an all nighter, then the next two days well be full on crazy." She says and I nod. "But nothing illegal." I say looking at her strictly. "Your no fun." She says and I laugh. "You should know this by now Vere." I tell her.

We finish packing the little bit left to pack up. The moving truck was coming later today. "Good thing we already splited up the boxes that are for donations and the ones your taking." I say to her and she nods. "I'm so tired." She says and I nod as we fall to the ground. "Thank goodness I'm dying single. I won't have to go through this." I say as I try to sleep on the floor. "Shut up, you and Dylan are texting and calling again, y'all are getting back together I'm calling it." She says as she looks at me.

"Yeah because we were forced to talk again by you and Holland only because he broke up with his b***h a** ex." I say as I roll my eyes. "We just forced y'all to make peace, not to text every single day." She say as my phone vibrates. She gives me look. "I'm telling you." She says.

I check my phone to see a text from Dylan.

From Dylan:
'So your coming with Vere?'

To Dylan:
'Yeah, knowing Vere shell get lost. I have to make sure my best friend is gonna make it to Tyler's house safely.'

"What did he say?" She asks. "Oh he was just wondering if I was coming to California with you." I say and she nods. "Okay." She says with a smile. "What?" I ask with a laugh. "He clearly wants you to come." She says. "No I don't want to hear it. I don't want any false hope." I say to her as I cover my ears. "Aha! You still have feelings for him." She says as she sits up.

"Yes I still have feelings for him, I tried to move on from him by hating him but that didn't work out, and then we started texting again so the feelings came back or I guess they never really left." I say and she smiles. "Oh stop it." I say to her with a laugh.

"Look the moving van is here!" She yells as she points out the window. I turn to look at the window and surely enough there's the moving van.

The guy helps us load the stuff on the van. Which we needed... a lot. Once we finished loading Vere talked to the guy to make sure of everything. We then grabbed her luggage she would be taking with her, made sure we had everything from her apartment and went to my house since she would be living with me for her last three days in Houston.

"Well its really late we should head to sleep now." I tell Vere and she nods.

~ 2 days later ~

Today is Vere's last day here. We spent the last two days doing crazy stuff like we said. First thing we did was went to the mall and played hide and go seek. The first round I found her at Starbucks, of course.

Then later on we went to the fountains in downtown and started playing in the water, we were in there for less than a minute before a cop would come.